Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thu, Nov 29, 2018 10:00 PM

No more prorate.

I guess everyone is lesaving att and now they are giving trying to say you can only cancel on the last day of billing cycle or bill will not be prorated.   SIMPLE SOLUTION...the services shall not be prorated either.   Att cuts service when they cut bill!

Responses

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

a year ago

***** I was a direct customer for 5 years never signed a att contract. Having to pay 154.00 because of their fraudulent policy. Wont Wont cancel till they bill again!! 

[Per Guidelines: Keep it Relevant and Appropriate]

Contributor

• 

1 Message

a year ago

The challenge in the logic is this statement: “Whether or not you use the service is up to you.” I no longer have legal access to the property where they are delivering the service after I move out. Unless you are recommending I commit criminal trespass using the service is NOT up to me. The difference between internet and other monthly bill items like Netflix is the others are inherently portable. Internet providers are tied to a specific geographic location and may not be portable. 

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

79.5K Messages

a year ago

@markallen130 wrote:

The challenge in the logic is this statement: “Whether or not you use the service is up to you.” I no longer have legal access to the property where they are delivering the service after I move out. Unless you are recommending I commit criminal trespass using the service is NOT up to me. The difference between internet and other monthly bill items like Netflix is the others are inherently portable. Internet providers are tied to a specific geographic location and may not be portable. 

If you were renting an apartment on a month-to-month lease.   Your month always begins on the first of the month and ends on the last day of that month. If you choose to move out and turn in your key on the 15th that was your choice. You had every right to stay and keep the key until the last day of the month.

This is exactly where you are right now. Your service was available to you until the last day of your bill cycle. Your key in this case was the phone numbers you used to access the service. It is not any carriers fault if you choose to leave early.

This policy is standard operating procedure for all cellular carriers with the singular exception of Google Fi.   You probably should read your new carriers terms of service or customer agreement, I guarantee you are also billed month to month which means no proration.  

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

a year ago

They did the same thing to me.  What is irritating is they don't inform you of this when you contact them to cancel service. Horrible company. Thieves in my book.

• 

3 Messages

I asked them specifically , if I switch in the middle of a billing cycle, would I get a partial refund. They answered "Yes, any unused days would be refunded"..... THEY LIED. This guarantees I will never return to ATT.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

79.5K Messages

Read the thread. This is SOP with almost all carriers.
It's in the terms of service on the website.
The ignorance of one representative who gave you the wrong information is irrelevant. Carrier policy stands as written.
Not a single prepaid service refunds. Postpaid is month to month, not day to day.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

3 Messages

Well, my bad for not reading the fine print when I signed up for ATT nearly 30 years ago.. That's on me. The bald face lie is on ATT. If they had told the truth on the phone conversation I could easily have waited a couple weeks before installing new sim cards...

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

44.3K Messages

@jprize To be fair, what you were told was clearly wrong but whoever told you that could have been incompetent and actually believed they were giving you accurate information. Believe or not, purposely lying to a customer is a fireable offense.

• 

3 Messages

I called ATT to be sure of the facts. I acted on what their rep told me. I was a long time paying customer and was treated like crap. Like I said, they made it a sure thing that they won't be seeing me again.

Get started...

Ask a new question