For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
G

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, January 6th, 2022 2:10 PM

No Help/Answer From Fraud Department

I am extremely frustrated....

1. On 1/1, I tried upgrading 2 out 3 of my phones online thru AT&T website and my order got cancelled after they were palced. After talking to online rep it was flagged as Fraud. I went to the store and they told me I needed to call the Global Fraud number.
  2. The Same day, I called the number and they are not talking calls and it tells me to fill out fraud form.
  3. Form was filled and yet to hear from anybody via call or email.
  4. Since 1/3, I have been trying to get a hold of ANYBODY to help me with this as the deal to upgrade my 3 phones end today 1-6. Yesterday after talking to a rep online, they told me I was supposed to get a call from somebody to try to help me. The call never came.

This has been an extremely frustrating experience. At this point, I am thinking of switching to a different carrier in order to upgrade my phones with them and get better customer service. 

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

I filed with BBB, FTC and with FCC. 

• 

10 Messages

1 year ago

This is one of the few times I endorse filing with the BBB or FCC but file with one of those entities somebody from Office of the President will contact you and help you get the fraud flag off your account. If the store told you they can't help you with the order then something is proper messed up and there's no other way around it

3 Messages

5 months ago

BBB office did not help me either. I’ve had fraud department online form reported several times. Multiple phones on my account and I have only one phone  Next step attorney. I’m elderly and this is ridiculous. … 

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

5 months ago

@debra200  What happened when AT&T contacted you after the BBB complaint?

3 Messages

5 months ago

They wouldn’t help me. I reported this three times to them.  Said I did not have enough information. They can see these phones on my account and have notified att for over a year. They could have at least called them and see these phones are suspended. 

• 

10 Messages

5 months ago

Did you physically speak to them and give them the information?

3 Messages

5 months ago

Yes I did and they turned me down. 

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

5 months ago

Said I did not have enough information

What information did they say you needed? An attorney is going to tell you to file for arbitration or in small claims court, but if you don't have the information AT&T wants, then it won't do any good. 

• 

10 Messages

5 months ago

See here’s the thing. Office of the president only tells you theres not enough information if you’ve never spoken to them so hopefully you didn’t actually just wait around for the BBB or AG just to respond to you.

Suggest to file another complaint directly with AT&T online. Not fill out the fraud form, not call their 800 number.

File a direct complaint with office of the president online. You can google how if you’re unfamiliar. Why? Because they have to respond to you and physically speak to you to resolve it. You can ask them to conference call with fraud to help resolve it as well since fraud is still the end all be all in this situation. Best of luck.

2 Messages

4 months ago

Have been sending info to the AT&T Fraud Mgmt website for a month along with copies of the bogus email that looks like ATT, and mailing labels that look like ATT.  Fraud dept has "CLOSED" 2 of the reports.  Situation:  Guy in TX bought 2 iPhone 15's on my ATT account.  Fictitious "Fraud Team Lady" with Asian accent called to help fix the Fraud.  Phones went back to warehouse/also hoax address in Miami.  Have sent tons of documentation to ATT Fraud Mgmt Dept.  Seems they do not read or understand the situation.  I live in FL and my bill which is usually $68 for one line is now over $1,800 mostly with roaming charges in China.  The ATT Fraud Mgmt dept does NOT take phone calls unless your service is discontinued?  Also, the Dept is either understaffed, overwhelmed or both?  Managers in ATT Stores can do nothing and ATT telephone Customer Service Reps can do nothing.  Have flagged my Credit Reports and filed an FBI IC3 Report as well as a local Sheriff's Report of Fraud.  This is serious and ATT Customer Service Reps understand and sympathize but can do nothing - it's all up to ATT Fraud Mgmt and so far they are NOT PAYING ATTENTION or they are extremely INCOMPETENT?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.