Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Give Mom a virtual hug with our Mother's Day Gift Guide.
lewdogg13's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Thu, Jan 1, 2015 11:17 PM

no contract

just ask a question, a friend isnt on a contract but is on a lease and pays $35 extra a month. can she give back the phone and cancel service?

Responses

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

84.1K Messages

6 y ago

I have never heard of a leased phone.
I'm going with no, only because this makes no sense.

If you are writing about the Next plan, it is NOT a lease. It is a purchase in installments.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 y ago

thanks. i didn't even understand my friend when she texted me, it doesn't make sense to me as well.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

84.1K Messages

6 y ago

Then we agree.

.....something tells me she doesn't get it either. Maybe she will explain enough for us to figure it out.

Just a guess, but if she is on the Next plan she is not on a contract and might be paying $35 a month on her installment to purchase a phone. It isn't a lease.

Verizon has a similar plan.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 y ago

she's on the next plan, thats what she failed to tell me. another question, is their a way to make bigger payments to pay it off faster, like for example pay $35 one month and then $40 the next?

kdfederer

ACE - Expert

• 

12.3K Messages

6 y ago

I don't think so. You have to make the specified payment or pay off the installments in full.

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.

Get started...

Ask a new question