Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
brazosdog02's profile

Tutor

• 

13 Messages

Sat, Sep 20, 2014 4:43 AM

Next Program - Can I pay it off in full?

I want to buy my new iphone and pay full retail, but I don't want to mess with paying AT&T the 40 dollar activation fee or whatever it is.  So, I want to do the NEXT program instead.  This will allow me to get  a new phone early, and I won't have any additional fees or contract.  But...can I turn around and pay the rest of the balance of the phone so I own it outright instead of dragging it out over 20 months?  Is there any penalty for that?  

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

rarebeauty

Scholar

• 

162 Messages

7 y ago

After 2 months of paying on the phone, if you log into your AT&T account and go to your upgrade options, it will give you the option to pay the phone off in full. My husband already has a phone on the NEXT plan and I discovered this the other day. Hope that helps.
Resendetra

Scholar

• 

124 Messages

7 y ago

Yes, you can pay the phone off in full anytime you want after paying two monthly installments, without a penalty. When you get the bill, there will be a section for the phone itself (called equipment charges). Click on view installment plan details, it will take you to another page that shows you all the installments you have to pay, but there will be a button that says "pay off remaining installments" and that's where you can pay the phone off in full.

Tutor

• 

13 Messages

7 y ago

OK...so after TWO MONTHS...I can pay it off in full.  It will be mine to do with as I wish?  And after 12 months, I can get a new phone on the next program and KEEP my old phone to sell if I wish correct?

rarebeauty

Scholar

• 

162 Messages

7 y ago

That is correct. They will give you two options. The first option will be to pay a certain amount (usually cheaper than the full price of the phone) in order to be eligible for another NEXT upgrade (which requires you to trade-in the phone at the time of the upgrade). The second option will be to pay off the entire balance so that you own your phone outright.
rocket29

Teacher

• 

14 Messages

5 y ago

They have actually changed it now. I was able to pay an iphone 6S on the account just to get it unlocked. But I logged in online and paid off the Next installment plan like 6 days after buying the phone on next. It worked and it's all paid off!

Get started...

Ask a new question