For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
RichATX's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, October 1st, 2014 6:46 PM

Closed

Newgistics "Lost" my return!!!

AT&T Premier Customer / RMA # ************

I dropped the phone off at my local USPS Post Office with the Parcel Select Return Service label provided to me by AT&T on 9/25.  Today is 10/1 and Newgistics has no additional tracking information regarding this return.

I live in Austin and the phone turns out is going to Ft Worth--  not sure why it's been nearly a week and I've not received any type of update or confirmation.  I contacted the Post Office per AT&T and they tell me that these Smartlabel Returns go through another carrier (Newgistics) and we'd need to contact them.

This is worrying because of the "horror" stories I've been reading about other customer's similar return issues with Newgistics.  I'm shocked that AT&T continues to partner with them given the number of customer complaints out there.

I need to get more information from AT&T on the status of this return.

Have others here dealt with this?  

[Edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

The first phone I returned using this service took weeks to track and to finally show up at AT&T. I finally got a text about the phone being returned just in time before my bill cut off (and would have been charged for not returning it). The second phone I returned through Newgistics did NOT make it back in time. It took over a month, I ended up with a $600 charge on my bill. Apparently this is normal. I called CS and provided the CSR with the date and location of the mailbox I dropped the package in and was given a credit for the charge. The returned phone was received, but it was after my billing cut off. It seems to me if AT&T is so strict about returns, perhaps they should use a better delivery company instead of having customers with problems like this.

TL;DR: Returns suck, but I haven't had to pay for the slowly returned phones.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Mike798,

Thanks for the repsonse.  It's encouraging to know that the phone will eventually make back to AT&T, but a bit disheartening that it would potentially take that long.  Really makes you 2nd guess ordering a phone for the sake of "trying it out" if returns are this painful.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Coincidentally, after making this post, I starting seeing "tracking" information on Newgistics website.  The phone eventually made it back to AT&T's receiving facility by the end of the week.  Now the waiting begins for AT&T to process the return and refund my money.  

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

I have no clue why AT&T uses newgistics for their return service  weeks after I dropped off my phone it was finally picked up from the post office.  Took forever to find contact infor for them untill a tech support agent put me on a conference call with USPS, who gave me their number

****.  Many pieces are not put together.  ATT reps don't understand that there is a 3rd party carrier that picks the package up from p.O. And newgistics will say because of contractual aggrement they can't give out information on package and ATT needs to connect with Newgistics.  Lots of confusion. but Newgistics is no help at all.  My package was picked up today and in 5 days it will be updated in their tracking.  So the first or second week in Dec. I will be able to track my package that I dropped of Nov 2nd  This was a buyers remorse return so keeping my fingers crossed it will be processed correctly.

[Edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

9 years ago

The same thing has happened to my account. The package is not showing up anywhere and I've been promised a refund for the few AT&T Next months that I've paid for over a dozen times in the last three months (around $115).

I pre-ordered the iPhone 6 Plus in September on the first day possible. Even stayed up until 2:00AM to order it. The phone finally arrived on 10/10. I attempted to return the phone in store to get a larger capacity. I was told I had to mail the phone back due to it being a pre-order. The phone was never even opened. I placed it back in the original shipping box and placed the supplied retun label on the box and gave it to the USPS on 10/15. It showed up in their system AND Newgistic's system as "picked up". From there it is a mystery. I've called AT&T just about every day since the 15th and I get promise after promise of refunds and "escalated" tickets. I don't know how many hours my wife and I have spent on the phone getting the same empty promises from a different person each time.

At what point will they finally help?  Do we need to post this on Reddit? $115 may not sound like much to corporate AT&T, but to us it is a large amount of money.

[Legal discussions are not permitted per the Guidelines]

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

ya know  I was there.  I talked to  postmasters, Att manager, logistics..The return labels are printed by logistic.  They pick up the package from usps, bring it to a warehouse and it is tracked from there.   Ignore the escalations.  It's a logistics problem. When I spoke with Logistics, a rep said they get to (my) post office every other work day for pick ups and knew there was a problem.  She was going to contact "the guys" and send them over to pick it up.  It took over a month for my phone to get back to TX. On a conference call with an AT&T rep and  USPS I was given the number to Logistics' cust service.  (It's not listed on their website)  I listed it on my previous post but I think it was taken down.  They are messed up.  They say lame stuff like Att needs to contact them..  *Tip.  Every call you make to ATT ask for the reps name/date and for them to write a note on your account.  If they say "refund" corner them in to repeat it.   Then in future calls reference to the name. date and note.  It's all there.  Try and get that number to logistics through at&t and get the word "refund" noted on your account as much as possible.  Your phone is probably waiting on Logistics 

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

9 years ago

Thanks for the encouragement! I've started collecting conversations and phone notes for every contact. It is ludicrous that it has to come to this. I've seen elsewhere that Newgistics has been poor for many others.

I get the same spiel every time I call. A promised refund and a call back in 24-72 hours from a "manager". I have yet to receive any call or refund.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

You are not alone,

What I do now.... just like their message says before you speak with a represenative "this call may be recorded for training purposes" I put my phone on speaker-phone and turn on "Quicktime recorder" on my computer and record them. In my case they clearly made a mistake, but now I can prove it to them, its too bad we have to resort to "Mission Impossible" tactics with customer service.....I still have not had an update on my returned phones.

And I have NEVER received a call back, one rep even admitted that she reads from a script when a customer gets angry or upset with the service rendered.

T-Mobile and Verizon are looking really inviting

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Faceing similar problem. AT&T reps don't know about Newgistics Inc. There is no place for customer to place a compliant. AT&T rep does not understand. I also told AT&T to block the old phones IMEI #. USPS says they are just parcel collector for at&t. This is abig black hole. Is there a way to fill legal complaint and which governaning body will listen to customers like us.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

Newgistics is the problem.  Your return is handled by AT&T, Newgistics and USPS.  newgistics is partnered with the USPS and  hired by AT&T to handle your return.  it is impossible to find a customer service number for "actual customers" because they service  companies that want to use their service.  I found a number to an agent by a complicated google search.  They do have a facebook page so send a private message there(calm, they will blow off any crazed lunatic yelling about a lost package)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.