Shop Now, Avoid Delays - Get Our Best Holiday Deals!
Help for account, billing & more
H

• 

2 Messages

Sat, Nov 7, 2020 6:32 PM

New Wireless Account

I’m trying to create my own account, I currently have one underneath my parents. However, during check out it keeps saying my credit info is unavailable and if at&t hits any snags they will contact me. I’ve tried this process before about two months ago and it kept saying I would have to prepay $200 before actually receiving the phone. I would like to know how to get around this so I could actually know before purchasing if I have to prepay $200. 

ACE - Sage

• 

90.6K Messages

1 y ago

This is a customer populated Forum not how you reach AT&T customer support. If you are trying to create your own account and do not have a significant credit history, or not the greatest credit history, you are probably going to be asked to make a down payment on a new phone.

Since this is the second time you have tried and you're still being asked for a down payment, it seems that you are not going to get around that  requirement with your current credit status.

• 

2 Messages

1 y ago

Yes I know it’s a forum and I’ve already contacted customer support just waiting for a reply so I thought I’d see if anyone else had this same issue. And it’s not asking me to do a down payment anymore, it’s just saying it’s all unavailable so I was just seeing if anyone had any answers but clearly that was the wrong idea. 

• 

1 Message

1 y ago

Try to port a phone number from a different carrier. I added 5 lines got 5 new phones for everyone all ported from T-Mobile and i wasn’t charged the deposit money. 

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.