Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
D

• 

3 Messages

Wed, Oct 28, 2020 10:54 PM

New Phone "Shipped" but was never received by Fedex. Now shown as in contract, don't have phone, and can't cancel or upgrade.

Ordered Iphone 12 through upgrade offer on October 16.  Received email from AT&T that it shipped on Oct 22.  Tracking number for Fedex shows "Label Printed" and still waiting on phone from AT&T (it is now October 28 so almost a full week after it supposedly shipped).  Fedex customer service says they never received the phone from AT&T.  I am getting the runaround from AT&T (multiple calls, hours on hold, etc).  Now, my account shows as in contract for the phone that never made it to Fedex, and I have no options to cancel order, upgrade, etc.  Would appreciate assistance from online support team as there seem to be instances where you might have resolved similar problems.

On Sat, October 24 @ 2:30 PM, called AT&T to check on what problem was - customer service rep told me the phone was in the warehouse in Irving, Texas waiting to be picked up by Fedex, it would surely ship Monday morning.

Monday, October 26 @ 2:02 PM, called AT&T as Fedex still showed "label printed."  Initial rep told me I needed to call Fedex, it was thei problem as AT&T had shipped the phone.  I told him I had called Fedex, and asked for supervisor.  Supevisor escalated the call to second tier support who told me the phone was lost and said they put in a cancellation request to backoffice team, which would take up to 24 hours and then the order would be cancelled and I could reorder, or order through best buy, Apple, etc. after that.

Tuesday, October 27th @ 11:12AM.  Still no movement on order, so I called back the number for second tier support I was given.  A different rep said that no cancellation request had been submitted and that AT&T had to file a case with Fedex first.  This rep called Fedex and opened a case and gave me the case number.  She promised to call back by 6:00 that day with an update, and did call back at 6:05PM, but only update was still waiting on fedex.  She further promised to call back on Wednesday October 28th after 11:30AM, but I have not received a call from her today.

I did call Fedex today and asked about the case number, they confirmed that a case had been opened, and they tried to call the AT&T rep back twice on October 27th at 2:50PM and 3:57PM, but neither call was answered.

At this point I don't know what to do.  I get conflicting stories from each AT&T rep I talk to, and I don't think anything is being done to solve my issue.  My desired resolution would be to cancel the order and remove the contract so I can get the phone through another means.

Responses

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

79.4K Messages

a month ago

File a BBB complaint right away.  The complaint will be forwarded to a AT&T upper management who will contact you directly.

I’m not sure what happened or where the disconnect is, but if no tracking was ever created, then obviously your phone was never received by FedEx and therefore never shipped to you.  

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

3 Messages

a month ago

Thanks.  I filed both a BBB complaint and an FCC complaint, so hopefully that gets some traction.

To be clear, there was a tracking number created, but tracking it just shows "label created" and that more information will be available when AT&T sends the package to Fedex.  In other words, Fedex has never scanned the package as received, and says they never received it from AT&T. 

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

79.4K Messages

a month ago

Tracking number that never goes anywhere should be a clue to AT&T the phone never left.  

You would think. 

But here you are. 

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

1 Message

a month ago

Hello, I’m unfortunately in the same boat as you. My iPhone 12 Pro supposedly shipped on Tuesday, Oct 27th with delivery on Oct 28th. When I check the FedEx track number they gave, it only shows a label has been printed and no movement since then. I’m not sure what’s going on with AT&T...

Get started...

Ask a new question