Need to cancel service, or remove a line from your account?
We hate to see you go, but we're here to assist you.
For a line of service, tablet, or wearable, here are a few things to consider:
- Have an installment plan - Any unpaid installment balance is due on your next bill when you cancel service for the tablet or wearable linked to the plan. Learn how to pay off an installment plan
- Have a service agreement - You'll have to pay an Early Termination Fee (ETF) if you cancel before the end of your service commitment. We prorate your ETF for each full month you complete. Find out how to estimate your ETF, if it applies.
- Activated service on a device within the last 14 days - You can find out how to return your device and cancel service in the AT&T Wireless Return Policy.
If you placed an online order
- You don’t have to pay a restocking fee for returns that fall under the 14-day return policy.
- Did you pick up an online order in the store? Go to an AT&T-owned store to have the restocking fee waived. The fee waiver is subject to change.
Need an alternative to canceling?
Consider one of these options:
- Explore other plans if you have one line.
- Learn how to transfer billing responsibility.
- Find out how to suspend your wireless service.
If you are ready to cancel.
Contact us by chat or phone, or:
- If you are returning your device within 14 days, or have another unique situation, you can find out how to return your device and cancel service on the AT&T Wireless Return Policy page.
- If you are cancelling a tablet or wearable, you can also submit an online cancel request.
- AT&T PREPAID customers
For Illinois and New York wireless accounts only: If you ordered service online, you may be eligible to cancel that wireless service online at att.com/myatt. If you don’t already have a myAT&T account, you’ll have to sign-up for an AT&T account to submit an online cancel request.
Get details on canceling.
Remember after you cancel:
Once your cancellation is complete, if you were on:
- An installment plan, we'll add your remaining installment balance to your next bill.
- A contract, we'll charge an Early Termination Fee on your next bill.
Not a Mobility customer? Cancel your internet, home phone, or U-verse TV service
For your protection, only the account owner can cancel internet, home phone, or U-verse TV service.
- Find out if you can move your service to your new address
- Learn how you can change your service
- Find out how to temporarily suspend your service
- Learn how to transfer billing responsibility
Still want to cancel?
Give us a call: 800.288.2020.
Or chat with us by clicking the chat with a rep option at the bottom of the page (found here)
ATTJohnCS, AT&T Community Specialist
Need help with an account specific question? Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.