Our Community Forum will be shutting down on June 27, 2024. Please visit att.com/support for all your support needs.
Need help understanding your bill?
Blazianazian's profile

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, October 5th, 2022 9:12 AM

My upgrade order keeps getting canceled

My order keeps getting canceled. 

I've jumped through all the hoops and still get my order canceled 10min later.

It looks like we couldn't complete your order...

To get things back on track, let's confirm that this order came from you. First, let's upload your identification. Simply tap here from your smartphone or tablet and follow the prompts. Be sure to have your driver's license, state ID, or passport handy.

I did get a text saying they needed to verify my ID...so I uploaded my ID (2x) and the order still canceled.

We couldn't verify this order...really came from you. For your security, we canceled it. Don't worry. If there was a hold on your card, we'll release the funds. Let us help you reorder your item(s). Visit an AT&T store. Be sure to bring your identification.

So, despite my ID matching my name on the account, and I uploaded my ID from the number on the account... AT&T says Nope, you did not make this order.

I've done this twice on two phones on my account. I had to pick another line because the first one claims i have not paid a phone off so despite being upgradable 10min before I made my order, it's now under pay off an amount and upgrade early.

So how am I suppose to verify my identity when AT&T says the person on the ID isn't me? Do you guys have some type of facial recognition software to compare IDs to? Smh.

My only other option is to try my passport but my passport is too private to be uploading photos for non travel.

How am I suppose to upgrade my phone now? I do not have the time to take a day off from work make a special trip to go to an AT&T store and wait who knows how long to do the order in store. Plus the whole promotion of 1000 off ends in a day 🤦🏽‍♂️

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

118.2K Messages

2 years ago

When this happens it usually because something about your information is not matching. For example the credit card or Driver's license  has a different address or the name that doesnt match the name or address on your account.

Since it's triggered more than once you have now set up a red flag in a system and the only way you are going to be able to buy a phone is in person.. 

AT&T stores are usually open 10 till 8, 7 days a week.   

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.