Military Appreciation: Exclusive savings for military, veterans, and their families!
Help for account, billing & more
R

• 

1 Message

Mon, Feb 15, 2021 1:59 PM

My Support Experience, AKA Upgrade Limbo

2/8 - Went to Sam's Club to upgrade 2 lines with the S21 promotion. Everything seemed to go normally with no glitches. To qualify for the phone upgrade, I had to also upgrade my plan to one of the unlimited plans, and that also seemed to go OK. I got a text from AT&T while in the store thanking me for the plan upgrade. By the time I got home, I had received an email from AT&T with my order number for the two phones. 

2/9 - I thought I'd check my order status since I didn't receive any phone delivery (somewhat expected). However, when I checked the order on the ATT website, I got an error saying the order couldn't be found. I logged into my account and checked with the same result. I called the support line an was told it was "pending shipping" and to give it another day.

2/10 - Checked the order status around lunchtime, still not found. Called AT&T support again and after roughly an hour of investigating, the agent said there was some sort of lock on the account/order and the Sam's Club agent would need to contact them to correct it. I called Sam's to give them the good news.

2/11 - Sam's Club agent calls, tells me that he spoke with AT&T and that they are just backed up, and my phones are indeed "pending shipping". I tell him I am skeptical, but he ensures me that AT&T says it will ship that day, and he'll escalate the following day if not.

2/12 - Check order status, still not found. I call my Sam's Rep. and the two of us are conferenced in with his AT&T "VIP" support line. They are able to find the order, but it has nothing attached to it, although it's status is still "pending shipping". The more they dig, the more they find a problem with the order and we are transferred to Order Management department, who we are told can correct the order and get the phones shipped. After going through yet another hold cycle, we get an agent who determines the order is beyond repair and our best bet is to cancel and re-create the order. However, he cannot do it and has to submit a ticket request to another department with a 1-3 day backlog.

2/15 - Here it is, a week later, still no phone, still no plan upgrade, still no valid order. I'll give AT&T until tomorrow to get it right, but I'm honestly thinking that after being a customer for 15+ years (whenever AT&T took over Cingulair), it may be time to give Verizon a try.

ACE - Sage

• 

96.4K Messages

1年前

This is what you get for dealing with Sam's, which is an authorized reseller, not AT&T. 

I see complaints all the time that Sam's, Walmart or other reseller botched the paperwork.  

I would recommend that you take your paperwork and go back to Sam's Club and make sure that they filled everything out correctly. If they didn't they could have messed up the deal for trade in. 

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.