Military Appreciation: Exclusive savings for military, veterans, and their families!
Help for account, billing & more
J

• 

3 Messages

Thu, Apr 9, 2020 8:12 PM

My phone number is being used by another person

I have been getting text messages on my phone that are not targeted for me.

I searched the internet for my phone number and found that another person has the same phone number as me.

The search said that New Cingular Wireless Pcs LLC was the carrier.

How do I stop this?

ACE - Sage

• 

96.4K Messages

2年前

It is far more likely that either somebody has been using your number, to avoid calls that he does not want to hear from. Or that your number once belonged to that other person.
I have had my second number for almost seven years and I am still getting calls and text for a person I now refer to as 'deadbeat Connie'.

• 

3 Messages

I have had my number for over 20 years. My recent internet search for my number came up with BOTH of us having the same number. If the other person was using that number for their convenience only or something otherwise nefarious it would not be listed under their name on-line.

There must be another reason.

I am listed with Verizon, They are listed with New Cingular Wireless (aka AT&T).

I think it is an error by AT&T, but I can't contact them directly because I am always on hold for two hours and have to give up every time.

Unfortunately, this forum is the only way I can get any sort of answer. AT&T's customer service is useless.

ACE - Sage

• 

96.4K Messages

It's not possible for 2 sim cards to have the same number. Not on any carrier.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2021 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

3 Messages

Then how can you explain why I'm getting calls for another person that is listed (according to a Google search) to have the same number as mine?

ACE - Sage

• 

96.4K Messages

Have your sim card replaced.
The iccid number should be connected with one sim card and one phone number.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2021 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.