Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

• 

1 Message

Mon, Jan 20, 2020 2:58 PM

My mobile number has been flagged as spam

I called a friend of mine recently and they said my phone number (even though it was in their contacts list) showed up as a spam risk by the service they have installed on their phone. This is a big problem for me, since I use this number for both personal and business calls in which I make outbound sales calls for a living. How can I look into this further and get my number cleared from any spam detection or black lists?

Responses

mobilemax

Employee

• 

796 Messages

2 months ago

Hello,

The app is AT&T Call Protect and is free to download and use for AT&T customers. You can download it and possibly try and change it thru app.

You did state it’s used for outgoing sales calls for business, which would make it valid for another person receiving these calls to simply mark your number a SPAM risk through the self reporting option in app. Hard to say if that’ll change, since your line is spamming people with outbound sales calls if they are unsolicited.

https://www.att.com/features/security-apps.html

(edited)

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…