More than a question this is a complain, maybe somebody will care about it.
This is how I ended up in this mess:
1. I bought 2 Samsung Note 8 in February 2018, both died in May 2019, they just don't turn on anymore (out of warranty, out of insurance)
2. I went to a store to see if there was a good deal for a new phone, nobody took care of me, stayed there around 20 minutes and nobody say hello!
3. I went to Best Buy the same day with the same idea of buy a new phone, when they tried to check my ATT account the last four numbers of my SSN was showing wrong, I have my account since April 2017 so this was weird to me, I called the 1-800 and the agent on the phone told me that I needed to go to talk with the government (funny right). I figure it out later that my SSN was the default, so something happened with the real one on the system.
4. An agent on the ATT support chat made me an appointment for a store to fix that issue with the SSN, the best option according to the Manager over there was to create a new account and move all my services (2 Phones and a Smart Watch) of course they also tried to sell me more services! They created the account and moved the services (that is what I though).
5. Since that day I get an error on the web page and the ATT App (It's not you; it's us. We've had an error on our end. Please try again in a few minutes) I get that every time for the last 3 weeks.
6. 2 bills were generated, 1 was paid with Auto Pay the other one I can't even see it or pay it, I don't know what is there.
7. Another agent on the support chat created a case for the network department, but they closed it without a solution, but another agent on the support chat too told me that I needed to de-unify my account (I have no idea what that means).
8. I got tired of the support chat, I use it because it is easier when I'm working, so I called 1800-288-2020 (the last agent on the chat told me to call them and ask for the Unified Billing Department). and after 46 minutes on the phone another agent on the phone told me that to do that he needed to run a credit inquire, amazing! why? he didn't know why, of course I didn't accept so he tried to talk with somebody else but the call started to sound weird, bad reception maybe, I don't know, I hung up the call because I'm tired of dealing with a really bad customer service.
9. Tomorrow I will go to another company to switch my service, maybe with less coverage quality but with a better customer service.
BTW I probably spent around $4,000 in 2 and half years between devices and services, not counting Directv, always paid in time.
Thanks for reading!