Help for account, billing & more
deeuser's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Fri, Jul 13, 2018 1:36 PM

Montlhy billing increase by $10.49

Jul 13, 2018: I called 800-331-0500 today to inquire about the monthly billing increase of $10.49. I was told that it was due to the tax increase in the PA area. I asked him to compare the tax between last and current statement since that difference doesn't add up to the $10 increase (talk about tax cuts!!). He still stuck with the reason as tax increase. Finally I had to login, check and tell him that I was bumped from 16Gb plan to 32Gb plan and that caused the difference and proportionately the tax. 
I was not notified of this plan change or billing change before this was done by text, email or letter!!
He finally said he switched me back to 16Gb. I plan to go to a store and validate it this weekend, as I see no change online yet.
Did anyone else have similar change/ experience? This is cheating by att and the representative!!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

57.8K Messages

4 y ago

You must have a Mobile Share Advantage plan. There was a price increase for everyone with that plan but everyone also got their data doubled and you were notified. There was an email and if you did not get that, it was on a previous bill, possibly more than once. The rep did not change you back to the old plan, that is not possible. They may have changed you to a Mobile Share Flex plan which is the current shared data plan. You don’t need to go to a store to validate, just log into your account and see what plan you now have.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Fl_retire

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

4 y ago

@deeuser  Link below on price increase and data allotment increase. Should have received notice on your bill. You may want to check the other plan prices and data and see if you can get a lower plan price with the same or more data. 

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/wireless/KM1259100

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

4 y ago

Thank you @sandblaster and @Fl_retire for the prompt and much accurate response. I should have checked here first!!
I did not hear any of these from the att rep who I talked to this morning. He was blaming it on the tax increase! More upset with this actually!!

I get only one email from ATT every month - "Your AT&T wireless bill is ready to view". I don't review it/ read unless I do not see any change in totals (obviously). ATT should have sent a text msg notifying of this change. I searched for emails, and I did not find any which has this info. Checked my last months bill and I did not see this info!

Yes, I did not see any change on my account online. That confirms your suggestion. He even said my bill will be adjusted with the changes he made (upset++ with the att rep/ service for lying!!).

I'll shop around for better plan or provider this weekend.
Thank you both!!

Fl_retire

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

4 y ago

@deeuser  I have paperless billing on any bill that allows it, but still go online to check to see the full bill and any notices of changes especially if there is an increase that I am not aware of. 

ACE - Sage

• 

97.5K Messages

4 y ago

@deeuser

Email was sent 2 months in advance.  

Email was sent on the change in credit card auto pay also.  

Notice was on the previous bill, if not 2 previous bills.   

ATT has to notify, but how, and whether you read it is not up to them.  

MicCheck

ACE - Expert

• 

11.5K Messages

4 y ago

@deeuser wrote:

Finally I had to login, check...

Why wasn't that what you did first? You could have saved yourself a lot of time and frustration if you'd looked at the bill!

ACE - Sage

• 

97.5K Messages

4 y ago

🤦🏼‍♀️

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

I just had the same thing happen to me. My bill increased by $11+, but I received no notice of the increase until it was actually on my bill. I did a live chat with customer service who told me it was a promotion they were offering me and it was automatically loaded to my account so I wouldn't lose the promotion. What kind of company automatically adds a charge to your bill without your consent and then tells you they were doing you a favor by giving you the promotion before it expired? I've been with AT&T for a long time and I've never had anything like this happen before. Customer service offered to remove the promotion/charge, which is their way of resolving the issue, but there should not have been an issue to begin with. There are numerous ways to contact me to see if I would be interested in a "promotion". Customer service says they sent an email, but I did not receive it. Their response was that it must have ended up in my junk mail. I have no problem getting my bills from them every month by email so it's strange that I wouldn't have received an additional email from them about their promotion. Regardless, of whether they sent an email or not, it is bad business practice to just add a charge to someone's bill and wait for them to question it later. I've been in customer service all my life and have never conducted business in such a manner. I think other customers need to be aware of this issue so they will know what's going on if it happens to them.

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.