Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Protect your device against loss, theft, damage and get expert technical support. Open Enrollment Ends 3/31/21.
mrousso's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Aug 25, 2015 7:49 PM

Misled by AT&T - Expired Rewards Card

I have been a very loyal At&T cusomer for many years and when I was looking to upgrade my iPhone I chose to do so with AT&T because they were running a promotion where you'd receive a $200 AT&T rewards card with the purchase of a new phone. I was told at least twice by an AT&T representative that the rewards DID NOT EXPIRE and I could use them anytime I'd like. I went ahead and purchased the new phone and of course did not receive any card. After several weeks I began a series of calls to try to find out what was going on. After spending hours getting transferred and even disconnected I finally got someone who apologized for the delay with my rewards and assured me that I would be sent a card. Fast forward a couple of months later... I try to use the card and I'm told it's expired! Seriously?! After all that time spent on the phone, time waiting for the card and being assured that the rewards didn't expire! I was very frustrated by this and when I messaged the help center about this I was basically told "Sorry this happened. There is nothing we can do". I'd really like to at the very least get a new card with a new expiration date that takes into consideration all the time it took for me to collect my rewards. If the card had come on time in the first place I most likely would have used it before it expired anyway! I hope that someone with integrity at AT&T will be able to help remedy this situation. I know I am not the only one who ran into problems with this promotion. I feel that many of us were unfairly misled. Thanks!

Responses

ATTMobilityCare

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

6 years ago

Hi there! @mrousso thanks for posting your concerns. I’m so sorry to hear you had a negative experience with your rewards card and felt mislead.

I'm afraid we are unable to re-issue a rewards card once expired. There is an expiration date printed on the card itself for your reference.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Thanks,

Charise

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.
Follow us on: Twitter @ATTHelp and @DIRECTVService

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Hi Charise,

Thank yo for your response. I understand that there is an expiration date on the card, but AT&T is at fault for both assuring me several times that my rewards would not expire and for not delivering the rewards card until very close to the expiring date. Maybe if I would have received the card on time I would have been able to use it before it expired. Because these things were out of my control I strongly belive that I should either be credited the $200 to my account or given a new card. Please let me know if you intend to offer any help with a solution. Thank you!

Get started...

Ask a new question