Need help understanding your bill?
consumer42's profile

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, December 14th, 2017 5:18 PM

Closed

Misleading Information

I recently submitted an order online and paid the taxes for two new lines of service. The next day I received an email stating I needed to give them a call because they needed more information. So , I call and they needed to verify my identity which, was great because that is to protect me. After, spending over an hour on the phone they said I was good to go they would finish processing the order there was no deposit or down payment required. The very next day I receive another email requesting me to contact ATT again. So, I call them again only to hear I am now required to put down 30% on each device. So, I ask how did this change overnight and their answer is I don't know, but this is why your order has not shipped. They say I need to put down almost $600. Keep in my mind by this time I have spoken to at least 7 people one of which was supposedly a supervisor whom I can barely understand what language he is speaking. This supervisor is contacting the credit department when he comes back on the line he says I am required to put a down payment on the second line and not the other one, but that I would be contacted by the escalation team first thing this morning. After, not receiving this supposed call I call ATT back to ask why I have not received this call the customer service agent goes through all my information again only to say I do not know why he sent this in to the escalation team they cannot help you. Now she puts me on hold all of sudden phone starts ringing and now I talking to a new representative I am like what happened I was just talking to one representative and now I have to explain my situation all over again he says yes we require 30% down for each device okay why am I barely hearing this after being on the phone for 3 days prior to this. One of the customer service reps even said she was just as confused as I was what kind of company is this? Overall this was a horrible experience I asked for my money back I paid on the taxes which also, took forever to process the refund that, I will not receive for about 5 days ridiculous! They also, told me this happened because they had to rerun my credit yes they ran my credit at least 4 times! Needless to say I am contacting a lawyer about false information, misleading information, and just complete lies from ATT! I have no problem paying the down paayment or any deposits, but if you say that neither of those apply in the beginning then, it changes naturally I want to know how it went from zero to $600 over night! Then, when I ask for a phone number to file a complaint I am told there's not a number to call, but I can go onto their website. I did take the liberty to record some of these conversations on my phone so, they cannot deny the things they said. Att needs to be upfront with their customers instead of flat out lying to them. I am in the process of trying to file a suit against them for misleding for almost a week all the while telling me my order was going to be processed. 

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

6 years ago

Doesn't matter if someone said you're not required to pay a deposit it's what comes back, in writing from the credit check. I understand the frustration but if your credit worthiness requires down payment of deposit this cannot be changed or altered and that is within written terms and conditions.

The Ts&Cs do state that if there is any change in credit worthiness that the carrier has the right to terminate service or change any provisions. "We may change any terms, conditions, rates, fees, expenses, or charges regarding your Services at any time."

I definitely apologize for the wrong information at the start but that's not misleading. It was an error on someone's part and verbal promises do not exist. The newest information is what is needed from you as the end user and the carrier has the right to update what is required based on new information, even on short notice.

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

Also, your company ran my credit I do not know how many times only lower it almost 100 points to give me the run around! So, explain how ever you wish to it is misleading and at the end of the day the consumer is the only one affected by it not your company.  You change the provisions to benefit yourselves at the last minute for money and no other reason. Are you in the business of changing these provisions EVERYDAY because that's exactly what you did. Also, exactly how do you reach your complaints department because, I was told there is not a phone number to contact them? It all just sounds very shady! 

Contributor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

To clarify I did not need to pay a deposit they wanted a down payment on the devices which they did not tell me either until 3 days later! Nor did it say anything about this when I placed the order online. If ordering online has these types of issues then ordering online should not be an option! Being upfront and clear with customers and potential customers should be important to your company but, obviously honesty and being upfront is not something you value! I ordered the devices on Monday morning and spoke to ATT a little later that day on the phone and not once was I told anything about this down payment. Spoke to ATT on Tuesday and Wednesday as well and still nothing about this down payment until this morning when supposedly I was suppose to receive this fictional phone call from your "escalation department" that never called. I call ATT to ask why they haven't called and that's when I finally hear about these deposits 4 days later!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

What’s funny is that they want down payments from me but not when I do IN STORE PICK UP online doing it myself. Then if I add lines together wants a down payment on the 3rd so I wait a week and do it again myself... O DOWN PAYMENT. The system thinks it’s fraud since you submitt it a few or more times that’s why once u get it to say No down

payment, don’t go back and edit and submit cuz it doing a credit check again, yet it’s the same credit the passed 90 days.

weird.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I've been going through this all day and sounds like mines gonna end up the same way.... It should tell you if your approved for the no down payment right away but I was told in the store that's a gimmick to get you into the store then they tell you that you need to pay a down payment ... It's ridiculous

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

4 years ago

{edited for word filter evasion} It's misrepresentation. You cannot tell someone you passed the credit check then hit them with a $1000 deposit fee. IT's not transparent, its lies and misrepresentation. No other company does that. Others run credit checks and if they say there is no deposit, well there is no deposit. They don't come back and conveniently put on the bill. A[Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I have the exact exact same thing happened to me and they ran my credit over and over and over after I was already approved I got to receive stating that I was proved all the information your confirmation number and supervisors spoke to them even crediting me $20 towards my account that I don't have with agency after the fact that they took my money and took three weeks to pay me back and ran my credit least 12 times so I don't know what to do should I do the same thing but if I turn you away because I feel like I was falsely inform and took my money which I had I mean I can't afford that much was my money just for the taxes but they still took it and then gave me nothing except I mean how to get right back and forth and around .what would u do if u were in my shoe who do i go to for help. Algator619

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I had the exact same situation happen to me and man is horrible lead ran me through the wringer the approve me for two phones us excited I went down there to pick him up they said that they didn't have it in the store they see it in the computer but then what's going on was like frozen limbo I got the receipt they took my money of course and then I talked to like numerous identity theft people and I passed everything and then all sudden they ran my name again and running again I said Waldo I want you to do that cuz remember my credit up at least 12 times trying to see if I can approve it first time this ridiculous so what should I do if you were asked to help me out with what I asked to help I feel in then that's enough right they they treat their customers so foul

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Same thing here!! AT&T IS THR WORST COMPANY I HAVE EVER HAD TO DEAL WITH!! First order, add 2 lines: they ordered the wrong phones and told me a phone that hadn't even come out yet would be delivered in 2 days. Called back and was told to cancel and reorder. So far 140.00. New rep says they'll give me $200 visa gift card if I order on the phone again, and not online. So I agree. Ordered my son's phone but decided to wait till mine was actually out to order. & Ended up talking with a supervisor, Robert, who promised me the same thing. Next day I look...wrong phone color (now call me crazy bit if I'm going to pay 1000.00 for a phone, I want the color I want!). But I left it alone because my son said it wasn't a big deal but I could tell he was disappointed. Called to check on a new order for me and no one could see anything about $200 visa gift card and I talk to supervisors and their supervisors. One agent said they tracked down Robert and he would call me back... never happened. 3rd order: my phone. Tried to transfer in my number but after taking my payment for the taxes: 84.00, and waiting 3 days, called back to be told they couldn't transfer in the number and I had to cancel and reorder. At this point I've been on the phone with these outsourced morons who don't even listen and who actually tell me nope, it doesn't matter if you have a credit, you still have to pay for the taxes again!! Then I'm told that my credit isn't good anymore and I have to pay for the whole price of the phone. This was after I told the girl NOT to run my credit again and she comes back on the phone and says: "I ran it again just to be sure." Then she tells me that if I had a phone number from another company they would approve it but because I don't have a phone number to bring to the company they won't approve it!!!!!  At this point Im so furious I can barely see straight because I've been without a phone for 2 weeks and now I cant get one at all.  The others on my family have theirs. At&T actually told me sorry tough shit basically. They have no problem saying "nothing we can do sorry." It doesn't  matter who you talk to you get the same response nobody can help you. And at least 3 times when I ask to speak to a supervisor they refused to give one to me and at 1 point Open presented put me on hold and Leslie on hold for 12 months so she didn't have to her supervisor. I never received a call back from escalation department either! Absolutely hands down the absolute worst customer service I've ever experienced in my entire life and if I had one advice to give I would say do not ever go with this company for Anything. They have absolutely no problem telling you complete lies. They run your credit a bazillion times which screws it up it makes it look like your trying to obtain  A whole lot of phones which sends red Flags and stops credit from running for the company. Still have not received any refunds, Not even an apology.  Not a single person in his company took any responsibility or ownership except for when they lied they were gonna fix something  And didn't. Last time I checked I had called over 38 times That's with waiting on hold probably 20 to 40 minutes most of the time with 3 kids at home, homeschooling.  How a company is capable of staying in business with this kind of reputation in customer service not to mention the fact that they have plenty of money to do things the right way it shameful in I can barely stand to talk about it makes me so mad. And I still don't have a phone!! Terrible terrible terrible 

(edited)

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Also Apparently since there is not a response to any Over the Above complaints, They obviously don't give a crap about their customers satisfaction, frustration, or their reputation. Ill say it again, how are they still in business. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.