AT&T Holiday Deals & Gifts - Don't miss these holiday deals on the latest devices!
Need help understanding your bill?
J

• 

2 Messages

Sun, Oct 31, 2021 9:10 PM

low line

i was charged $108 for calling about a low hanging line, service guy didnt do anything but say its not att. i have no phone and only att wireless i havent had any other service. i wasnt told i would be billed for this. now my service is suspended due to now being able to pay bill, please help.

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

61K Messages

1 year ago

That definitely doesn’t sound right. I’ve never heard of billing a wireless account for reporting downed or low hanging wires. I suggest you file an FCC or BBB complaint.

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

30.5K Messages

1 year ago

@Joysmitford 

Reporting a low hanging line in the area shouldn't have been a service call on your account. And if you only have AT&T cell phone (no TV, internet, or landline), then that shouldn't have the option for any service call to begin with as is not a service wired to the home.

You will need to call AT&T to discuss the situation. This is a public forum of other customers so we cannot provide the exact help you need in this case. Failing that, the next step would be a BBB/FCC complaint.

Report Unburied Cables, Exposed Wires, or Downed Lines - Home phone Customer Support (att.com)

ACE - Sage

• 

102.2K Messages

1 year ago

Do you perhaps mean internet?  

Wireless is cell phones. 

my thoughts

Employee

• 

19.7K Messages

1 year ago

You request a dispatch for a line that does not belong to ATT, likely the local cable company low hanging wire.

You were billed for a dispatch, the tech responded to a problem that was not ATT wiring or equipment issue. 

Recommend calling the cable company that services your area. 

If the cable in question connects to a satellite dish, call the company that provided the dish… expect another bill as the dish and related wiring belongs to the home owner.

edit… I suspect the $108 is $99 service call plus sales tax.

(edited)

ACE - Sage

• 

102.2K Messages

1 year ago

That sounds very likely, and in my experience they tell you before they send someone out that they will charge you if it is not their(At&t) problem outside the house. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.