Gift your grad endless possibilities. Celebrate right now and connect them to their brightest future.
Need help understanding your bill?
dionnethies's profile

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, March 8th, 2022 2:38 PM

Lost Payment in someone else's account

I paid my direct tv payment via my bank's pay bills feature on 12/09/21.  It was taken out of my bank account - but says Bill Pay AT & T U-verse Mobile xxxx57553 - I don't have a U-verse account.  I was on the phone with AT & T for 1.5 hours on 12/23 - finally I just paid the bill again - to not get any late changes - but still cannot get my original amount back of $277.07.  I have a Wells Fargo claim number (135150170) - but they cannot give back until they get the money back.  I have a payment reference F9LZRBL6 and a trace number (0122002400118265)- still NOTHING...this is so ridiculous.  There has to be someone in Accounts Receivable that can find this in the U-verse division....What else can I do....hours on the phone

Thanks,

Dionne

MicCheck

ACE - Expert

• 

13.2K Messages

1 year ago

You should be demanding the bank get this fixed. If you used their system to make the payment, that's who sent it to the incorrect place. If you have confirmation from when you made the payment so you can show what you entered. 

• 

5 Messages

1 year ago

I also am dealing with this and they lie say handling , tell you not their department. transferred every dept where hung up on or told they have to send you somewhere else, I have proof as recorded , lie getting a supervisor and normal rep comes on or new dept but mostly hang up on after hours on hold. I have all the proof. 53rd my bank who i used bill pay through says att confirms the payment but Att never posted to account. They lie when i call and say i never made payment,. Sent  proof of all 53rd documents of proof and never materializes -- they do nothing but keep a payment. thieves . horrendous customer service

MicCheck

ACE - Expert

• 

13.2K Messages

1 year ago

If it's the same situation (and it sounds like it might be), then it's 53rds fault. If you told them to send money to account 1234 and instead it went to 2345, then AT&T's correct in telling you that money wasn't received in your account (1234). You need to work this out with 53rd. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.