Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

Thu, Sep 6, 2018 2:58 AM

Lied to about BOGO

I am currently going thru this! Went into store March 21st to upgrade phones. Was talked into the BOGO. All we had to do is add a line to account to get the deal. We did everything we were supposed to do. Was at the store 4+ hours. Got our first bill in and seen we were getting charged for both phones. Called into customer service and was advised that we would have to make first 4 payments then we would get reimbursed and no longer have to pay for free phone. Here we are in September and I have made so many calls to AT&T and been given the run around so many times not to mention all the times I have been hung up on, lied to on recorded lines, told they would call back and nothing has been resolved. Just today I was on phone for 3+ hours just to be told theres nothing they can do or being hung up on! I'm so over all the lies!!!! [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate]. They are lying for sales and nothing is being done! This is the last time AT&T screws me over! After being with this company for so many years I've seen the customer service just get worse and all the lying being done to make sales. Horrible. I really feel if everyone they are lying to stand up together they will finally have to own up to what they are doing and be held accountable. 

Responses

QuarryRye

ACE - Master

• 

3.2K Messages

2 years ago

There are more requirements for the BOGO deals than just adding a line. We'd need more information to find out why you're not getting your credits. When did you buy the phones? Was DirecTV required? What phones did you get (both makes and models)?​ I'm doubtful this is the whole story since it's an automated system that adds the credits so somewhere, somehow, you didn't qualify. You can file a complaint with the BBB and hope it gets escalated, but ultimately it's a good idea to read the paperwork before you sign.

**Disclaimer: I don't work for AT&T, have never worked for AT&T, and have never been compensated by them in any way, shape, or form**
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 months ago

Att is the most untruthful company out there ! 

{keep it courteous} I can’t stand AT&T and the big enterprise from  all the millions of $$ they have stolen  from people is fixing to come to a big hole nobody’s going to shop for their bolonga anymore

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

70.2K Messages

8 months ago

@Jimmywhite87 wrote:

Att is the most untruthful company out there ! 

You’re a lying sellout you probably work for At&thief you a sold out  thief I can’t stand AT&T and the big enterprise from  all the millions of $$ they have stolen  from people is fixing to come to a big hole nobody’s going to shop for their bolonga anymore lier 

@QuarryRye  Does not work for At&t.  This is a customer populated forum, not At&t support.  You not liking an answer, does not make it a lie.    Again and again we post, “READ the deal, read the fine print”.  If you didn’t, then how do you know you didn’t mess up?   

🐾 (The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

1 Message

4 weeks ago

My world with AT&T wireless since August 2019. Went into the store locally, bought a Note10+. They offered BOGO offer. Told me credit will show up on next bill. Then the next, only to have to call and complain, went to the store, they took me from $236 a month to over $700. This went on for over 3 months, finally I thought they fixed it. Paying my bill each month, I couldn't figure out how my bill kept going up. I paid off another phone, Deleted extra lines for tablets not needed, still $300! What's going on??? So I see they are not only charging me the extra new line they said I had to take for the BOGO but they are charging me since August 2019 for the FREE phone, $36.67 a month times 2. I called finally got this answer. At the time of the promotion I had to take the unlimited plan. I said no, I had to open another line, so I did, which I really didn't need but figured oh well, I will add another device to it. OMG! They are charging me $67 a month for the line and then another 36.67 for the installment that is supposed to be free! Now I have to go back to the store I bought it from and haggle with them. If they don't fix this, I will either pay off my phones completely and walk away never to return after decades of using them! So completely angry, frustrated, I hate, absolutely hate being lied to. I even had my oldest son go with me, he's in his 40's so he's no kid and knew exactly I what I was told. I have fought with att since august because my bill went from 236 to 700 something to 600 something, each time they fixed it and then 400. OMG! I am in a nightmare with corporate liars! I am sooooo angry. I want out. I may see if Tmobile will pay for my freaking phones to get out of ATT grabby greed.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

70.2K Messages

@FrustratedAlways. Every promotion since April 1st has required unlimited data to get a free phone.
As always it is recommended that you read the online offer so that you are clear as to what is required.

🐾 (The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.