The phone that makes your everyday epic. Buy the Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G now!
Help for account, billing & more
LandlinesRgone's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Fri, Jan 9, 2015 9:22 PM

Landlines--have these been discontined, but nobody told me?

I'm a long-time ATT customer and have had a really bizarre experience that makes me wonder if ATT has discontinued landline service but just not announced it? 

We live in a rural area with very limited cell-phone coverage and so rely on our 2 landlines (one is our home phone, one is our business phone for our small business. Here's a chronology:

Dec 11th: A powerful storm knocked out our power and phone lines. Power was restored in 2 days, but the ATT landlines were not because they had "high volume of outages, etc," Okay I get that. We scheduled a repair appointment and got a txt (after the missed appointment) on our cell phone that ATT could not make the service call and that they would reschedule.

Dec 26th: Called to find out when they planned to reschedule. Made another appointment. and got a txt (after the missed appointment) on our cell phone that ATT could not make the service call and that they would reschedule.

Jan 5th: Went online to get the 800 number for landline Technical Support, got an "Out-of-Service" message on THEIR support line.

Jan 6th: Went online to try an online chat with landline technical support, but the online chat link was disabled (the online chat for wireless and u-verse work perfectly well)

Jan 6th: Tried the U-verse & wireless online chat (just to see if anyone was there), they told me how sorry they were to hear of my issues and directed me to either the online chat  or 800 number with landline technical support. I asked to speak with a manager and was told that there are "SO many managers...."

Really?!?!?!

Is there a higher power I can appeal to? FCC? 

Oh wow, I now need to choose a forum before I can post this, and the choices are: UVerse, Wireless, Internet.

ACE - Sage

• 

92K Messages

7 y ago

LOL.
No. But it sure seems like they have fallen off the grid. How does this happen to a big company?

Since this is a customer to customer forum. We may all be equally helpful or useless. Let's hope the former.
*****PLEASE do not post any personal, private or identifying information. *****

This is a customer to customer forum. We can't guarantee an employee will see your post.
We will do our best to help you.
Please provide enough details of your problem so that we aren't asking you dumb question, or worse, giving you dumb answers.

May I assume they haven't had the nerve to bill you for the last month ?
I will also assume you are no the only one in your area who has this problem?
Does AT&T have an online "outage" website for your area? ( just a shot, I know the electric company does )

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 y ago

Thanks for your response! After my initial post I got so steamed that I forwarded it to the FTC and the Cal PUC. And I got a response from a Commissioner the next day! And guess who is right now in my driveway and fixing lines? AT&T! On a Saturday night. Wow.

I'm not sure if the unscheduled but welcome visit is the result of this forum post or the CPUC Commissioner, but I'll take it either way.

To answer your question about billing--during my unsuccessful calls to AT&T the person in the "Wireless" dept (who told me there were "too many managers" for her to even try and connect me with)  did tell me that if I wanted to get my bill adjusted I would need to contact customer billing! I wish I could add my time to the bill adjustment because this whole experience feels like a part time job that I did not sign up for.

Thanks again!

ACE - Sage

• 

92K Messages

7 y ago

Nice work!
You lit the right fire under the right rump.

They should credit you every single day you were out. I don't think you will get an argument.

👍👍

I guess you can mark this resolved....or maybe you should wait to see if it actually works .....

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 y ago

These problems are usually while using landlines . For calling, I usually believe in voip services as communication for longer distance is very easily established . I am using voip system for my business.

[Third party link removed per the Guidelines - Thank you]

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.