Need help understanding your bill?
jsr8831's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, May 22nd, 2015 8:24 PM

Keeping go phone number.

Is there anyway i can pause my gophone contract in order to keep my number on hold, while not paying for the plan monthly.
I am an international student returning home for the summer.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hi there @jsr8831

I’d be happy to help! There is currently not a way to pause or suspend your GoPhone account. In order to retain your account/number, the account must be refilled within 60 days of expiration.

I hope this helps!

Charise

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Hi is there a minimum refill amount needed to keep the number open?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I have the same question - if I am out of the US for several months, I understand I have to refill my GoPhone plan at least every 59 days to keep the number active.  So does that mean that if I currently pay $30/month, I must pay another $30 within 59 days to keep my current phone number?  Or can I just buy a data package every 59 days?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

I just went to an AT&T store and was told that I have to refill it within 90 days, not 60. Which one of them is accurate?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

@Bex712 Either could be right, it depends on how and when you use up your balance. If your account balance is $0 for more than 60 days, your account is closed and your number is lost. Now, that 60 day clock doesn't start until your current plan expires, so if you are on a 30 day plan, it could be 90 days until you need to refill. 

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

So, I just have to make sure, that I activate the AutoPay basically 59 after my current plan expired?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

@Bex712 wrote:
So, I just have to make sure, that I activate the AutoPay basically 59 after my current plan expired?

Autopay or manual refill 59 days after your current plan expires should be fine.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

However it says that my balance will expire on in July and not the day my plan would usually refill.
I am sorry but I am just very confused...

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

@Bex712 Your balance expires in July unless you use it before then to pay for service. Are you on a 30 day plan or one of the pay per use plans? That makes a big difference in figuring out when your 60 day clock starts. If you are on a pay per use plan, then the 60 day clock starts whenever your account balance reaches $0. If you are on a 30 day plan, your account balance could be $0 but the 60 day clock would not start until the 30 day plan expires.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

7 years ago

I am on a 30 day balance, because it says renew end of the day May 21 if needed, however, could i just change my plan to 25c/minute for the next few months and then simply not use it. Would i be charged anything for the time i am not using my phone at all? and then before i come back to the states just change my plan back to the 30 day plan i have right now?
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.