Need help understanding your bill?
hhhmmk's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Wednesday, April 30th, 2014 7:29 PM

Issue with unlocking request.

I bought two no-commitment phones a weeks ago to use when I visit my county. I have receipt clealy says "no-commitment"

I have a premier account since 2007 or 2006, and january 2014 I renewed my contract.

My bill is always in good standing, so I requested unlock for the no-commitment phones I bought.

However, I got declined email saying:

• We cannot find a valid current or former mobile number associated with this device.
  • This device is not associated with a current or former AT&T account.

Thus, I request again with my sim card in this time.

But, I got reject email again.

The mail says:

• You have not completed your service agreement. You are under contract and must complete the contract period before your device can be unlocked.

Yes, I'm in contract right now with LG G2 and Note 3.

But, I bought two galaxy s4s without contract, and my requests were about no-commitment phones.

Without simcard, AT&T rejected the unlocking request since it is no previous history, and with my simcard they rejected because i'm in currently in the middle of contract period.

I don't know what happened?

Why online-unlock request is not working properly?

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

After calling, the situation getting worse.

The representitive requested iccid, so I said my request is for no-commitment phone, so imei number will be only thing you need.

However, the representative requested iiccid, and I don't know what the representative did, my current sim was disconnected.

Now, I'm working on the third person to reverse my old simcard previous representative spoiled.

I was pretty happy customer before today, but I'm sure i'm not a happy customer anymore.

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

10 years ago

The text hilighted in red may be the issue your having

Customer-Specific Requirements

• Postpaid Phones and Tablets with a Service Commitment: Account has been active for at least sixty days and is in good standing (i.e., it has no past due amount or unpaid balance owed AT&T), and all contract obligations, including any Service Commitment, associated with the device to be unlocked have been fully satisfied. The Service Commitment associated with a given device may be satisfied in one of the following ways:
    • Fulfillment of the Service Commitment by expiration of any contractual term
    • Upgrading to a new device under AT&T standard or early upgrade policies. Note: the customer must wait 14 days after the device upgrade has been completed to request an unlock of the previous device.
    • Payment of any applicable Early Termination Fee

• Postpaid Phones and Tablets with no Service Commitment: Account has been active for at least sixty days and is in good standing (i.e., it has no past due amount or unpaid balance owed AT&T).

• Prepaid / GoPhones: Device has been active for at least 6 months.

Additional Information About AT&T Mobile Device Unlocks

• Business customers should make a request to unlock a business device by calling 800-331-0500.
  • Current customers will be allowed up to five (5) unlocks per account, per year.
  • Former customers will be allowed a total of five (5) unlocks per former account.
  • In addition, AT&T will unlock any AT&T Mobile Device for an active and deployed member of the military who is a current AT&T customer in good standing and is able to provide AT&T with deployment verification.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

I'm always in good standing for long period without any issue.

I got reject mail again.

This time says,

"We cannot complete your request because this account has reached the maximum number of unlock requests allowed during a given period."

I never got any unlock code for a year.

I think 5 devices is limit for a year, but I havn't requested any unlock.

The reason is totally wrong!

Your system or the person who is working at unlock department is just try to reject and give reason which is not make sense at all.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.