Need help understanding your bill?
mariafrnj's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, January 31st, 2015 1:46 PM

Closed

Issue with unauthorized data charges

U just lost a customer that you've had for over 10 years.. Your people are rude and unhelpful.  My Tablet was taken and used without my permission.. but since I did not report the "stolen" tablet before the charges appeared.. I'm responsible for them?????   REALLY???

AT&T - U are the worst carrier ever & your company is morally bankrupt.   I wish another company would wipe you off the planet

[Subject edited for better exposure]

Guru

• 

901 Messages

9 years ago

So you are saying that since your tablet stolen, you didn't report it stolen, that AT&T should be responsible for the chargers made on your device?  Once you noticed that your device was taken you should've notified AT&T.  Therefore the charges wouldn't have been made.  It isn't AT&T fault you didn't do what you should've done.

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

9 years ago

If that happens on any other provider, they are going to charge you, too. There is some personal responsibility there to notify AT&T when your tablet was lost or stolen. By not reporting it, you are responsible.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

I did report it stolen... 

If you report it after the data is billed then you're not covered.  

[Please keep it courteous]

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

9 years ago

You don't have to be rude. We are just stating the facts as they are presented.

Guru

• 

901 Messages

9 years ago

kdfederer the post by mariafrnj was towards me.  They sent me a PM telling me "I hope your .... gets stolen too."  mariafrnj just a heads up this is a customer to customer forum, so most of the comments that you will see on here are from fellow customers.  If someone is a employee it will say so under their name.  And yes if you report the item being stolen, anything that happens before you report it will be your responsibility.  It is hard for you to ask for AT&T to do something until you report the issue.

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

9 years ago

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this subject. The topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.