Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tue, Jun 13, 2017 7:55 PM

Is Visual Voicemail an additional charge?

How do I cancel this feature called visual voicemail which I am pretty sure am not using? I have an iPhone 7.

Responses

MicCheck

ACE - Expert

• 

9K Messages

10 months ago

@renegaderosco, post an image of the bill (with personal info crossed out). 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

77.8K Messages

10 months ago

@renegaderosco wrote:

Your answer is incorrect.  I have AT&T with a iphone 4S and get an extra charge of $20 monthly for  visual voicemail which I never have used.  There is of course the additional line fee and all the other taxes and little add on's.  BUT IT IS CLEARLY STATED ON THE BILL "VISUAL VOICEMAIL" AND IT IS AN EXTRA 20 BUCKS!

🤦‍♀️   I think you left out everything before it reads “ w/ visual VM”.   Again and again the point has been made on this and other threads that the line access comment is for provisioning and every device has a line fee.  Every single device.  At&t still uses ala’carte pricing.  The published prices on the website are correct and include the per line price.  What you see on the bill is ala’carte, which confuses people.  
My $40 - $25 out of contract line fee reads:

“Access for smartphone 4G LTE w/ visual VM “.  

4F6358E3-5173-4B34-B3E1-DE5206AE9229.jpeg

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 months ago

I am paying AT/T $115 monthly for two phones plus $20 each for 'access for iphone with Visual Voicemail.  Plus all the other fees and taxes which end up at $167.78.  If it is just a line fee and visual voicemail is meaningless then why do they have it there?  If I can find a service carrier and proper phone without having to pay this EXTRA FEE I will promptly do so.  And I do know they do not have this fee figured into all there plans.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

77.8K Messages

10 months ago

@renegaderosco wrote:

I am paying AT/T $115 monthly for two phones plus $20 each for 'access for iphone with Visual Voicemail.  Plus all the other fees and taxes which end up at $167.78.  If it is just a line fee and visual voicemail is meaningless then why do they have it there?  If I can find a service carrier and proper phone without having to pay this EXTRA FEE I will promptly do so.  And I do know they do not have this fee figured into all there plans.

For what plan?  Unlimited plus?  Mobile share advantage?  the name is on your bill.  Are you paying for phones?  It’s all on the bill.  Expand all fields or read the PDF copy so you see it all. 
 Example:   The advertised price for the unlimited plus plan two lines was $145.  The breakdown was something like $115 - $10 auto pay and paperless +$ 20 + $20 = $145.  Working from old memory as I didn’t have that plan.

Unlimited choice for 2 lines was $30 less at $115.  
The line fee is not meaningless, no one said it was meaningless.   The line access has a phone number and provisioning for the line.  No line, no phone number.  

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Get started...

Ask a new question