Need help understanding your bill?
sundaysprinkler's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, June 13th, 2017 7:55 PM

Is Visual Voicemail an additional charge?

How do I cancel this feature called visual voicemail which I am pretty sure am not using? I have an iPhone 7.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

Based on prices I think you’re on the 3 gig Mobile Share Plus plan.  

The averaged price for service on 2 lines with auto pay credit (once it kicks in) is $40 per line.  That pricing is a marketing gimmick.  The details are in the fine print.

MOBILE SHARE PLUS PLANS: Prices are for service only and include monthly plan charge for talk, text and data and a per device monthly access charge for access to such services. Other monthly charges are extra. Access Charges: For each device on your plan, a monthly access charge of $10 to $40 also applies. Single Line: Plan is for one phone line only and monthly plan charge is $40 for 3 GB or $50 for 9GB before discounts. Device monthly access charge is extra.➡️➡️➡️  Multi-Line: Plan is for 2 to 10 lines and monthly plan charge is $60 for 3GB and $80 for 9GB. Per device monthly access charges are extra. Single Phone Line Discount: Monthly $20 (3GB plan) or $30 (9GB plan) discount applied to your plan charge if you have only one phone line on a multi-line plan. Discount starts w/in 2 bill cycles. AutoPay & Paperless Bill (ABP) Discount: $10 per month discount for one or fewer phone lines; $20 per month for two or more phone lines. Requires being active & enrolled in both paperless billing & AutoPay. Discount starts w/in 2 bill cycles.

⤵️

🔴$60 for data, $20 each phone, $20 discount.  Net plan is $80.  Add tax and installments.  🔴

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

5 years ago

@lizdance40 Wow, that plan is sort of a "gotcha" if you ask me, vs Unlimited&More.

I notice they've removed the 15GB plan, probably because it was too close to the Unlimited pricing.

I've always thought that the way the "w/VVM" is worded is "strange", why not just eliminate it, entirely, it's not like they list "every single service" you get, otherwise?

The "free" wording would work too, though, just as well.

@kellympulver I'd call CS, and ask for "retentions", I bet they'll work with you, on the per-line thing, if there was an increase.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

5 years ago

@pgrey wrote:

@lizdance40 Wow, that plan is sort of a "gotcha" if you ask me, vs Unlimited&More.

I notice they've removed the 15GB plan, probably because it was too close to the Unlimited pricing.

Verizon is the same.  Tiered plans top at 8 gigs.  

I've always thought that the way the "w/VVM" is worded is "strange", why not just eliminate it, entirely, it's not like they list "every single service" you get, otherwise?

The "free" wording would work too, though, just as well.

Logic says no carrier would be idiotic enough to charge more than a couple bucks for such a feature. (And back in the day, Verizon did charge a couple bucks).  Wonder why no one gives At&t much credit on this one?  🤔.   

@kellympulver I'd call CS, and ask for "retentions", I bet they'll work with you, on the per-line thing, if there was an increase.

I’m putting my 2-bits on it being the 3 gig plan and the price is correct.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Your answer is incorrect.  I have AT&T with a iphone 4S and get an extra charge of $20 monthly for  visual voicemail which I never have used.  There is of course the additional line fee and all the other taxes and little add on's.  BUT IT IS CLEARLY STATED ON THE BILL "VISUAL VOICEMAIL" AND IT IS AN EXTRA 20 BUCKS!

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

4 years ago

@renegaderosco No, you are incorrect. That $20 charge is your line fee. You are misreading or misinterpreting what it says but you are not paying for visual voicemail. Visual voicemail is included free. You would have the $20 line fee whether you had visual voicemail or not. The line fee pays for unlimited talk and text for that line.

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

4 years ago

@renegaderosco, post an image of the bill (with personal info crossed out). 

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

4 years ago

@renegaderosco wrote:

Your answer is incorrect.  I have AT&T with a iphone 4S and get an extra charge of $20 monthly for  visual voicemail which I never have used.  There is of course the additional line fee and all the other taxes and little add on's.  BUT IT IS CLEARLY STATED ON THE BILL "VISUAL VOICEMAIL" AND IT IS AN EXTRA 20 BUCKS!

🤦‍♀️   I think you left out everything before it reads “ w/ visual VM”.   Again and again the point has been made on this and other threads that the line access comment is for provisioning and every device has a line fee.  Every single device.  At&t still uses ala’carte pricing.  The published prices on the website are correct and include the per line price.  What you see on the bill is ala’carte, which confuses people.  
My $40 - $25 out of contract line fee reads:

“Access for smartphone 4G LTE w/ visual VM “.  

4F6358E3-5173-4B34-B3E1-DE5206AE9229.jpeg

1 Attachment

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I am paying AT/T $115 monthly for two phones plus $20 each for 'access for iphone with Visual Voicemail.  Plus all the other fees and taxes which end up at $167.78.  If it is just a line fee and visual voicemail is meaningless then why do they have it there?  If I can find a service carrier and proper phone without having to pay this EXTRA FEE I will promptly do so.  And I do know they do not have this fee figured into all there plans.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

4 years ago

@renegaderosco wrote:

I am paying AT/T $115 monthly for two phones plus $20 each for 'access for iphone with Visual Voicemail.  Plus all the other fees and taxes which end up at $167.78.  If it is just a line fee and visual voicemail is meaningless then why do they have it there?  If I can find a service carrier and proper phone without having to pay this EXTRA FEE I will promptly do so.  And I do know they do not have this fee figured into all there plans.

For what plan?  Unlimited plus?  Mobile share advantage?  the name is on your bill.  Are you paying for phones?  It’s all on the bill.  Expand all fields or read the PDF copy so you see it all. 
 Example:   The advertised price for the unlimited plus plan two lines was $145.  The breakdown was something like $115 - $10 auto pay and paperless +$ 20 + $20 = $145.  Working from old memory as I didn’t have that plan.

Unlimited choice for 2 lines was $30 less at $115.  
The line fee is not meaningless, no one said it was meaningless.   The line access has a phone number and provisioning for the line.  No line, no phone number.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.