Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
Help for account, billing & more
laurelic's profile

• 

1 Message

Sun, Aug 14, 2022 12:02 AM

Is this a scam?

I'm trying to sign up for wireless service and to buy a cell phone.  I have ordered, paid my money, and just trying to find out what my new cell phone number is, or look at my account so I can make sure my order is correct.  However, I keep getting emails saying, "Nice to meet you!  Your order's in the works!  Keep an eye out for email updates!"  And then I'll get another email saying "It looks like we couldn't complete your order.... First, let's upload your identification."  So I have taken pictures of, and uploaded the back and front of my driver's license about 20 times each.  Then I get another email saying, "Nice to meet you!  Your order's in the works!..."  I'm afraid I might have accidentally ordered several cell phones, but I can't tell because I still don't have an account number, or a cell phone number for any of the multiple cell phones I might have ordered.  And I'm wondering how many undocumented citizens are now documented because of the multiple pictures I have sent to you of my drivers license?  Is this a scam?  It really feels like one! 

ACE - Sage

• 

100.3K Messages

2 m مضت

Until you have an active phone number with at&t, you have no account.

The community is customer populated.

If order was canceled,  it's likely mismatched information.

Do not try to reorder online, the system is already read flagged. Work it out in a corporate store.

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.