Announcements
Learn how you can Preorder the iPhone 13 now!
User3956764's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Wed, Aug 22, 2018 4:26 PM

Is AT&T running a BOGO scam?

I was recently offered and accepted a BOGO offer from AT&T however, when I received my next bill I was in for a surprise. AT&T charged me considerably more than agreed without saying a word. I contacted AT&T and they told me that, that offer had already ended. I have been trying desperately to get AT&T to honor our agreement for over 6 months now. I have been on the phone with the company for 27 calls totaling 912 minutes and have had my service disconnected 3 times after being told that the account and bill would be put on hold and they will get back to me. Has anyone else had the same or similar issue with AT&T?

Responses

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

2 y ago

Amen, they are scammers!  This will catch up to them.  I am telling everyone I know to avoid AT&T like the plague.  

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

2 y ago

me too i wish i had more influence............a person of high places. I
was lied to to the tune of 1000 dollars. That is not a little
scam....that is horrific!
QuarryRye

Master

• 

3.2K Messages

2 y ago

@sambozy wrote:

I also didn't get the BOGO like I was told by 2 different  "loyal customer" reps.

Luckily I didn't fall for that, I was still in my 14 day. 

Whether you qualified for the BOGO or not, there's no way you would get the BOGO credit within the 14-day buyer's remorse window. AT&T isn't going to give you a free credit on a phone you could return. Like you said, you would have to wait 2-3 bill cycles.

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

2 y ago

This is incorrect. AT&T is not honoring Buy One Get One.  I have called for 8 months and I still have not gotten a single credit for my new line phone.  AT&T is not making good on their contractual agreements with consumers.

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

2 y ago

I am 8 months into fighting with AT&T about not receiving a single credit for my BOGO contract.  They have put me on hold for hours! they are hoping we all just let it go.  This is despicable! 

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

2 y ago

I'm 8 months into my fight to get a single credit! AT&T is just not honoring their contractual agreements with consumers!

Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

15.8K Messages

2 y ago

@Jimmyzee wrote:

I'm 8 months into my fight to get a single credit! AT&T is just not honoring their contractual agreements with consumers!

Please post a copy of your "contractual agreements" and we can see what we can suggest for you.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 y ago

I had similar experience, where i was denied to issue a reward card as the reward was not processed within 120 days. As per offer, AT&T required to process reward after 45 days of device activation. This must be just a marketing strategy to drive sales. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 y ago

I have the same problem! Got a b1g1 not free scam also. Been with this company since Cingular. I’m sick of being treated unfairly. Every time I buy a new phone it’s the same problem. If my bill is not fixed by this month I’m getting an attorney. The direct tv installer ruined my house 2 years ago. Holes in floor the lines running down my siding, dish on my siding next to a window, they said get estimates I said you remove all equipment then I will get estimate. Never came and it’s just problem after problem. 

Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

15.8K Messages

2 y ago

@Walesmadmom1 wrote:

I have the same problem! Got a b1g1 not free scam also. 

Then it doesn't sound like you got a BOGO.

@Walesmadmom1 wrote:

The direct tv installer ruined my house 2 years ago. Holes in floor the lines running down my siding, dish on my siding next to a window, they said get estimates I said you remove all equipment then I will get estimate. Never came and it’s just problem after problem. 

So they suggested what to do to get it fixed and you said no? And it never got fixed???

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 y ago

AT&T BOGO is nothing more than a scam. I can’t wait to leave AT&T! I hope they fail in every way!! On GOD!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 y ago

The in store reps told me I was getting a bogo. About a year later I went to pay off the phone (s) and I owed on both apparently. Customer service will do nothing. Never, ever, ever do business with this company. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 y ago

Yep. Happened to me. 

• 

4 Messages

2 y ago

the buy one phone and get one free is still a scam. I’m victim number 1 million more than likely. At&T are crooks . False advertisement is pretty low. They told me to wait a few billing statements then said you don’t have the right plan although your plan hasn’t change. What?? I was told sorry for your false advertisement. They are not even hiding that they are running a false advertisement. Wow. Disgraceful

New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.