Announcements
Learn how you can Preorder the iPhone 13 now!
User3956764's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Wed, Aug 22, 2018 4:26 PM

Is AT&T running a BOGO scam?

I was recently offered and accepted a BOGO offer from AT&T however, when I received my next bill I was in for a surprise. AT&T charged me considerably more than agreed without saying a word. I contacted AT&T and they told me that, that offer had already ended. I have been trying desperately to get AT&T to honor our agreement for over 6 months now. I have been on the phone with the company for 27 calls totaling 912 minutes and have had my service disconnected 3 times after being told that the account and bill would be put on hold and they will get back to me. Has anyone else had the same or similar issue with AT&T?

Responses

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

3 y ago

Why this information was NOT shared with me at times, when your colleagues offered BOGO offer???
Whey this was not shared with me when I called after a month to know why you are charging monthly installment for free phone?
Why your attorney said today that this BOGO offer was valid only Samsung phone???. I have the Attorney name and case # also.
You guys are full of lies. I don't' trust you anymore.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

88.2K Messages

3 y ago

@neelesh296711

Colleagues?   We don’t work here !  

This is a customer populated forum, not ATT support.  

I’ve also NEVER heard of ATT forwarding calls to a lawyer.  Don’t know who you spoke with, but not a lawyer.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

Yes we were told by the store Manager Andre Tart that we qualify for 2 new phones when we buy 2 phones.  This offer was for new customers not existing customers.   Been on the phone for 11 months fighting with Att.  No use.  Att is a bunch of lyers and can not be trusted.   When phones are paid for we are unlocking phones and switching to another phone company 

I will never go back to ATT.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

I’m at at&t right now with a complaint about the same boho scam.  I’m furious I’m a single mom and I was scammed by this “boho” deal this December and when I realized the scam it was a few days after grr return offer expired.

Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

15.8K Messages

3 y ago

@kindacrabby wrote:

I’m at at&t right now with a complaint about the same boho scam.  I’m furious I’m a single mom and I was scammed by this “boho” deal this December and when I realized the scam it was a few days after grr return offer expired.

What part of the offer did you not qualify for?

Mentor

• 

25 Messages

3 y ago

@kindacrabby wrote:

Could you provide a little more information about the BOGO offer?  Were you able to resolve your problem at the store?  

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 y ago

I too am also a victim of the AT&T BOGO scam. In August of 2018 I called in to try to find a way to lower my current bill (biggest mistake ever). The representative on the phone stated that they had a BOGO promotion going on— if I upgraded my iPhone 7 Plus to an iPhone X, I would get a an iPhone 8 Plus for free, after paying three months worth of payments on the iPhone 8 Plus. It sounded too good to be true, so I requested this in writing (useless). Six months in, I’m still paying on my “free phone”. Spoke with several representatives about my issue; stated they had a “case pending” with their “back office”. I was given different “case numbers”, constantly going back and forth with these live bots and told many different things, I would be on hold anywhere from 30 minutes to over an hour, was finally told that I was “disqualified” from the deal since I “don’t have directv with them”...mind you, this was NOT a part of the original agreement, and I actually DO have directv. Ive called 611 so many times and was fed many different lies. I’ve been with AT&T for over ten years. It is truly sickening and disappointing how they quality of service has gone down. They do NOT value their customers and they have no morals. I plan to pay off all of my phones within the next couple of months and switch providers, and canel my directv and anything having to do with this horrible provider. Will never fall for such a terrible scam again. I wish I would have come across this forum earlier...promotion name should be changed from BOGO to BOGUS.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

3 y ago

That it total not true!  We have spent copious hours trying to reverse charges made for a BOGO promotion.   I could be everyones stories here.  Every  story is our story.  They lied. 

We have been with ATT for years.  I wish I could stand on the roof top and tell the world what horrible, deceptive, dishonest practices are supported by ATT.

This was not an overdraft charge, or an opps I took and extra payment out of your account. This was $1000 that they took from us!  BOGO is a scam.  As soon as we can we are going to get out from under ATT's thumb and never ever ever do business with them again.  And I am only one of thousands that feel this way.  Just write BOGO Scam on Google and you will find lawyers, nurses, teacher, etc, that have been scammed!    They tell the same story with the same results. 

I have never been more discussed with a company in my life!  

And whoever you are that is responding to these desperate people that work so hard for their money, you are not helping.  You are part of the lie!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 y ago

Same problem and called AT&T Customerservice numerous times only to waste my time! It definitely IS a scam. AT&T is a joke. We can’t let them get away so easily. Shame on you AT&T!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

2 y ago

we are trying to get out of Att I am so disappointed in them. This was
not a bounced check fee this was $1000! We are still paying until next
April 2020. I wish there was something we could do to get their attention
and have them make this right.
I am exhausted.
grrrrr
Lauretta

Mentor

• 

25 Messages

2 y ago

@User3956764 

I'm not sure the accepted solution your thread is a solution for your problem.  If you were offered a BOGO by an AT&T employee, it doesn't matter that the offer was made after that particular program had ended.  Rather than repeat what I've written in another thread, here is the link:  https://forums.att.com/t5/Account-Features/AT-amp-T-Not-Responsible-For-Unethical-Sales-Practices/m-p/5494964#M33958

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

2 y ago

Well not getting the credit is dron whatever att says it is reason they gave me I moved my number I've had with them for 3 years t oh the new phone  and they did this for me no mentioning my bogo deal would be jeopardized nor does it say that anywhere with the deal bottom line att is a bunch of liars and crooks pretty much I'm stuck paying it off because without spending a fortune what can you really do except learn from it and as soon as possible stop being a customer but dont let them fool you reality is there is no buy one get one

Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

15.8K Messages

2 y ago

@Carolinaboy71 wrote:

If you were offered a BOGO by an AT&T employee, it doesn't matter that the offer was made after that particular program had ended. 

If you were offered a non-existent buy one get four promo, it's not an issue with the promo, it's an employee problem.

If you were offered a promo (even if it existed some other time) when there is no such promo, it's an employee problem, not a promo issue.

And of course not reading the promo tends to compound the issue, because if there was no promo, there would be nothing to read in most cases. Or you'd have a copy of the promo to keep (or take a photo of).

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

2 y ago

I totally agree! Happened to us too!
Hate AT&T

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

2 y ago

Same!!!  The salesman (Cyrus from the AT&T store in Irvine, CA who no longer works there) told us we would get FREE LG8's for signing up as new customers.  My wife and I had checked Costco and a Verizon store and this was the best deal we could find.  We wouldn't have chosen the LG8 but given that it was free we were happy to give them a try.  Cyrus told us our bill would be high the first month, which it was, and to call him to correct it, which he did.  Then the bill kept staying high and for a few months he corrected it each month.  Then he left his store and stopped answering e-mail or his phone.  The customer service rep at AT&T informed me that I had not signed a contract for free phones and that I was to pay for the phone.  When I told him about how Cyrus had clearly stated to my wife and I that there would be no charge for the phones all they offered was that I should have carefully read my contract before signing and claimed no responsibility for the LIES their employee told me to get me to sign up with AT&T.  We are very upset with AT&T and will never do business with them again.  Spread the word, AT&T has crooks working for them and claims no responsibility for the deceitful practices of their sales force.  

New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.