asmir02
#1 Star!
Helpful 1

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

Tue, Sep 16, 2014 2:28 AM

Iphone Trade in Program

Who else think AT&T trade in program is garbage? Spring and Verzion are offering $350 credit instaly to my account for my Iphone and ATT you have to wait for them to send you ATT promotion card which takes 1 month and then you can use on AT&T products after your Iphone? Can someone explain how this is trade in program? I'm thinking about switching to Sprint after 10 years with AT&T.

Responses

GeekBoy

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

7 y ago

@asmir02 wrote:

Who else think AT&T trade in program is garbage? Spring and Verzion are offering $350 credit instaly to my account for my Iphone and ATT you have to wait for them to send you ATT promotion card which takes 1 month and then you can use on AT&T products after your Iphone? Can someone explain how this is trade in program? I'm thinking about switching to Sprint after 10 years with AT&T.

The new AT&T iPhone Trade-in progrm doesn't require you to wait, if you take your old iPhone to an AT&T store to perform the trade in.  See the web site for details:  http://att.com/iphonetradein

Promo Trade-in Value: $300 value for iPhone 5s and $200 value for other eligible iPhones. Promotion Card: In AT&T-owned retail stores will receive instantly value as a private label AT&T Promotion Card ("Card") issued by MetaBank™ or CenterState Bank of Florida NA, via license from Visa U.S.A. Inc.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

GeekBoy

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

7 y ago

Additionally, of all the trade-in programs I've seen so far, the AT&T one is the most generous for customers who still have an iPhone 4.  Most places are offering less than $100 for an iPhone 4, but AT&T is giving $200 for it.  I checked the Apple site, and for my wife's "mint" iPHone 5 (32GB) they only offer $205, and other sites are offering less, so AT&T's $200 isn't that far out of sync with the other sites there either.

Granted, if you have a 32 or 64GB iPhone 5s, you may get more from other places, but for most customers with older phones, the deals aren't that bad.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

eyezayuh

Mentor

• 

81 Messages

7 y ago

When you go to the AT&T store to trade in your phone, they will put the money onto a AT&T Promotional Card immediately so that you can use that towards the purchase of your new phone. Sprint will give you up to $350. Your not guaranteed the full $350. You have to submit a copy of your bill so that Sprint can determine how much money to give you for switching to them. And you have to wait 45 days before you get your Sprint Card. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 y ago

Just a word to the wise. We traded from Sprint to AT&T way back in March '16. We were at the end of our contract with Sprint. We submitted our phones and went through the process of releasing our phones, or so we thought. We were told that AT&T WOULD RETURN the phones to Sprint, they weren't, we were told that an EARLY TERMINATION FEE would be paid on our behave to SPRINT, IT WASN'T. Now here we are more than 2 months later. with a $1660.00 Sprint bill and NO RECOURSE.

SPRINT CLAIMS that the PHONES WERE NOT submitted. AT&T CLAIMS that the final reciepts weren't submitted. Here we are stuck in the middle of these 2 fools.

If someone out there has any ideas, we'd sure like to here them.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

83.6K Messages

5 y ago

That is not how the switch program works for any carrier.  No carrier pays you previous carrier directly.  You trade in phone which are property of ATT to do as they please.  They are NEVER returned to a carrier.  

You are reimbursed for the expenses if you meet the requirements, including turning in your previous phone, buying a new phone on installments and submitting your final bill for reimbursement.  

https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/switch-and-save-etf.html

https://yaengage.att.com/#/home/splash

Questions (because your post makes no sense in a couple spots)

If you were at the end of your sprint contracts, why would you have ETFs at all?  At the end of 2 year contracts with All other carriers, you own the phone and have no ETF due.  So it seems you were NOT at the end of all contracts.

Explain?

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question