Help for account, billing & more
mrpunk2u's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Fri, Sep 12, 2014 10:22 PM

iPhone 6 purchase, Plan changed to higher rate

I am currently on a mobile share value plan and did not have an upgrade available.

When I went to purchase the iPhone 6 from apple.com last night, it only gave me 3 options:

1) New Customer

2) Add a line

3) Upgrade with a new 2 year plan with with a $200 discount on the phone

I chose 3 since there was no option to flat out buy the phone at the regular price.

When I got the confirmation reciept email, it changed my current plan (which I pay around $60 for 2GB data) to an 80$ plan with the same data and unlimited calling. 

There's no way I want to pay an extra 20$  a month for the same plan - What are my options here?

fb88

Teacher

• 

20 Messages

8年前

You probably took the 2-year contract offer with a basic iphone 6 16gb which gets you a new phone for $199.    Because of the subsidized phone you lose the discount on mobile share.

The $20/month x 24 = $480 plus $199 is about $680 roughly what you'd pay out right $650 for the phone.

You were not eligible for AT&T Next 18?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8年前

I am on the Mobile Share plan and this is what AT&T explained to me about my iPhone 6 upgrade when I called last week. Prior to 2/2014, we have all been getting a Mobile Share $25 discount (look on your last bill). Anyone who renews their contracts after February, are losing that $25 discount. Hope that helps to explain.

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.