AT&T Holiday Deals & Gifts - Don't miss these holiday deals on the latest devices!
Need help understanding your bill?
MCD_Boston's profile

• 

6 Messages

Sat, Sep 24, 2022 5:56 PM

iPhone 14 Pro Upgrade HELL - Can We Get Serious Now?

I received an iPhone 14 Pro upgrade phone as part of a trade-in for my iPhone 11.

The box arrived damaged as well as the iPhone packaging.

2 Chats, 6 calls, and 2 hours of my time.

It's still unresolved due to incompetence.

I've never experienced such stupidity, apathy, and a flawed process from a major company.

I was instructed by a rep to use the label to send the phone back. They never noted the account nor

did anything proper. Problem is that label is for the return phone and the return is still being processed.

Yep, so they are processing a trade-in that is an iPhone 14 Pro unopened instead of an iPhone 11!

My last call to manager was yesterday and it's still unresolved.

Get this. He wanted me to call another dept to cancel the upgrade and 

evidently explain everything AGAIN!! 

Are you kidding me?

I have received a total of $50 credits. I consider this is an insult.

Q. How do I get a senior manager that actually gives a damn, is not full of excuses, and is competent?

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

2 months ago

File a complaint with the BBB.

Constructive

Employee

• 

30K Messages

2 months ago

You said the box and packaging was damaged. Was the phone damaged? 

ACE - Sage

• 

102.2K Messages

2 months ago

Your new phone should have arrived with a label for returning it in case you changed your mind. The label and packaging for your trade in phone should arrive within 2 weeks, separate from your new order. If you have sent your iPhone 11 in the RMA package back to Texas instead of in the trade-in package to tennessee, you have a bigger problem than you thought 

MicCheck

ACE - Expert

• 

12.4K Messages

2 months ago

The label that came with the iPhone 14 is the label you should have used to send it back. Once it is received, it will cancel the upgrade and you will start over. 

Unless you went out of your way to find the label for trading in the old phone, I don't think there's an issue. That's probably why it's been so frustrating--you have them trying everything to fix a non-existent problem. 

• 

6 Messages

2 months ago

What works in theory and what works in practice are not always the same.

In theory, AT&T should have canceled the trade-in once they saw damage. You're assuming they have the capacity to think which they do not. So the problem, as I stated, is it exactly that— a problem AT&T created! 

There was only one label in the box. 

The return label was for the iPhone 11 trade-in and AT&T rep gave me permission to use it saying it would be taken care of. Their own reps did not note the account as they should have, taken appropriate steps, and are clueless. 

(edited)

MicCheck

ACE - Expert

• 

12.4K Messages

2 months ago

The return label was for the iPhone 11 trade-in

What makes you think this?

In theory, AT&T should have canceled the trade-in once they saw damage. You're assuming they have the capacity to think which they do not.

Right, "they" don't have the capacity to think, because "they" is a computer. Once the computer has recognized your return, you upgrade will be canceled. 

If you somehow did send it to the incorrect location, it will be more difficult. Make sure to keep all of the tracking information so you can use that as evidence AT&T received the return when you have to escalate.

• 

6 Messages

2 months ago

I talked to a senior manager, and he explained that there is a human person involved that opens the box. That makes sense because they still have to inspect the trade in. 

The issue here is that the AT&T rep did not follow proper procedure.

As I explained, they’re totally incompetent and that’s why I’m in this mess.

The senior manager is going to be following up on this and will be taking corrective action. 

MicCheck

ACE - Expert

• 

12.4K Messages

2 months ago

The issue here is that the AT&T rep did not follow proper procedure.

Again, what makes you think this?

• 

6 Messages

2 months ago

I verified all of this with the senior manager that’s why.

I don’t assume sir. 

(edited)

MicCheck

ACE - Expert

• 

12.4K Messages

2 months ago

Well, the senior manager was incorrect. The label that is sent with the purchased phone is the return that phone if needed. A separate trade in kit is sent separately for the trade in. You can look through the forums and see how many people have headaches because they used the wrong label for a trade in. 

I think the issue is likely that this process takes time and you want results immediately (understandably so). If the senior manager you're working with can do something to expedite the process, great. Make sure to take extensive notes about what will happen and what is required. 

I would steel yourself for the possibility that this isn't going to be a quick fix. You best bet might be just letting the AT&T process do its thing while you purchase directly from Apple using its financing. Your trade in won't be worth as much, but you can get the phone you want quickly. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.