Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Thu, Apr 11, 2019 1:30 AM

Integrated Solutions

17 months ago when Direct TV was installing my new equipment, an integrated solutions consultant (Rockford (Rocky) *****) showed up and talked me into switching over to At&t with the promise of a free phone. I was perfectly happy with the one I had but he said they would pay off my current phone and the new one would be free. There was no misunderstanding that. That was the beginning of a 17 month battle with no end in sight. They have credited me some of the payments but not all and there are still 13 installments left on my "FREE" phone. This is a monthly frustration and I feel like it is a huge scam as no one at any AT&T store knows who this guy is and can not help me. They say they have customers come in all the time with integrated solution consultant issues. They have heard his name many times but don't know how to contact him. He does eventually get back to me but the problem is never resolved. I just get the run around. Promises of supervisors contacting me but they never do. The latest was that his supervisor, Julia would call me by Tuesday at 2 P.M. Never happened and when asked why, I was, EVENTUALLY after many texts and phone calls, told that HER supervisor was out of town until next week and nothing could be done until then. I know next week will come and go with no call again, because that's the way it's been for 17 looooong months. It feels very much by design that there is no one to call or no store to go to to get help. I guess it's supposed to be so difficult that customers just give up and pay. What, who, where, and how can I get someone from AT&T to resolve this issue permanently? My next course of action is to take the consultant to small claims court, as I just did some investigating and found out his home address. I have 17 months of texts between us that prove my phone was supposed to be free. Is this all I can do?

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc]

Responses

MicCheck

ACE - Expert

• 

8.7K Messages

a year ago

@peeposma wrote:

17 months ago when Direct TV was installing my new equipment, an integrated solutions consultant (Rockford (Rocky) *****) showed up and talked me into switching over to At&t with the promise of a free phone. I was perfectly happy with the one I had but he said they would pay off my current phone and the new one would be free. There was no misunderstanding that. That was the beginning of a 17 month battle with no end in sight. They have credited me some of the payments but not all and there are still 13 installments left on my "FREE" phone. This is a monthly frustration and I feel like it is a huge scam as no one at any AT&T store knows who this guy is and can not help me. They say they have customers come in all the time with integrated solution consultant issues. They have heard his name many times but don't know how to contact him. He does eventually get back to me but the problem is never resolved. I just get the run around. Promises of supervisors contacting me but they never do. The latest was that his supervisor, Julia would call me by Tuesday at 2 P.M. Never happened and when asked why, I was, EVENTUALLY after many texts and phone calls, told that HER supervisor was out of town until next week and nothing could be done until then. I know next week will come and go with no call again, because that's the way it's been for 17 looooong months. It feels very much by design that there is no one to call or no store to go to to get help. I guess it's supposed to be so difficult that customers just give up and pay. What, who, where, and how can I get someone from AT&T to resolve this issue permanently? My next course of action is to take the consultant to small claims court, as I just did some investigating and found out his home address. I have 17 months of texts between us that prove my phone was supposed to be free. Is this all I can do?

[Edited for privacy-This is a public forum. Please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc]

He's probably not an AT&T employee; that's why no one knows who he is. 

File a complaint with the BBB and FCC to get escalated. 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

4 Messages

Our in-home consultant is an AT&T employee. We confirmed that with his credentials, as well as someone at the local retail store knew his boss. Now I need to find the "boss' for myself. Seems like the in-home consultants are not helping AT&T

• 

4 Messages

2 months ago

Having similar experience. Hope it doesn't take that long to resolve it. AT&T needs to start monitoring and honoring the agreements these in-home "consultants" are doing.

• 

2 Messages

a month ago

Francisco G. was my "consultant". I'm only on my first bill after switching from Sprint by way of this guy. SOme credits promised are there. Others are not. After bill 3 if they aren't there I will go to their headquarters and find the guy myself.

• 

4 Messages

It was a "battle" to get what was promised by the "consultant". We did succeed. Two actions we took that helped us were: posting on AT&T Facebook page, we had an extremely helpful Social Media Director. Also filing a complaint with our State consumer protection agency. This brought the case to their "Office of AT&T President". Again we had an extremely helpful person at AT&T. End result we obtained all the credits. However, AT&T is more expensive than Sprint due to surcharges, fees, and how their plans are structured.

AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…