Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
G

• 

4 Messages

Thu, Oct 1, 2020 12:12 AM

IMEI not recognized on Galaxy S7 Active

I was an ATT customer for (15?) years. Recently switched carriers. I dropped my new Galaxy S20 and it won't take a charge. While that is being repaired (which will take some time because I am ordering several new phone's worth of tools $ to DIY), I need a phone, and would like my old Galaxy S7 to work with my sim card. Thank you for any help. I do not have a phone to call AT&T customer support, only laptop. I realize the Galaxy S7 was an AT&T exclusive, but it is old and I used it on an AT&T network for many years. Please help me, I need to be able to receive phone calls ASAP. IMEI was originally included in this message, but then I realized this is a forum post and not going directly to AT&T. I'm just going to try every outlet I can from a laptop computer until something sticks.

Thank you,

Michael Stinson

[email scrubbed]

Responses

• 

4 Messages

a month ago

"It must have at least 1 characters."

• 

4 Messages

a month ago

View from phone, in case you may question if the device is already unlocked:

• 

4 Messages

a month ago

Update: I got my original phone working by starting it on a wireless charger and then once it was on and booted it took a normal charger fine. I'd still like to get a my backup phone working cross-network because the next time my battery hits 0%, I expect the same problem and I don't own a wireless charger.

Get started...

Ask a new question