Help for account, billing & more
N

• 

1 Message

Wed, Nov 10, 2021 4:40 PM

I'm a victim of identity theft and can't get help from AT&T so what do I do now? Can anyone help me?

I went into an AT&T store back in April of 2021. I had a billing question. I showed the women my license and she helped me with my billing questions. I left the store with just my phone and I was surprised how quickly I was helped.  In July, my AT&T bill went up to around $600.00 I didn't think anything of it for I am on autopay and knew I had just updated my bank information and missed the monthly payment of the previous month. August passed and I didn't check my account. September came and I received an email saying I was $150.00 past due, how is that possible if I'm on autopay?  I went to the store and worked with the supervisor. The women that helped me back in April no longer works at the store. I was then showed I am paying for 3-1phone 12's, 2-Ipads and 1 Ppplewatch. I purchased the 3-Iphones at the store back in April, but the 2-iPad and 1-Applewatch were sent to my house. I DO NOT have this equipment! I have 2 iPhone 12's one is mine the other is for my daughter. I have 4 lines, 2 lines are not active I only have the sim cards. I have called Fraud department, Loyalty Department, I've gone to the store several times. Fraud department said it wasn't fraud because items were sent to my house, however they were not signed for and I don't have them. All of the phone numbers assigned to these devices have no data. Only my phone and my daughters are using data. I have spent over $2,000 on equipment I don't have which I would like this money back. I turned off my autopayment. I was told I can close my account but would have to pay the $5,000 to pay off all the equipment that I don't have. Now when I call the fraud line they are not taking phone calls. I try to call Loyalty customer support to be transferred to the fraud department and the phone call gets dropped or I am sent to the wrong department. What do I do?

MicCheck

ACE - Expert

• 

11.5K Messages

8 m ago

Call the AT&T fraud department at 866-418-0153 or 877.844.5584

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.