Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
Help for account, billing & more
GoldenB's profile

• 

1 Message

Thu, Aug 18, 2022 9:32 PM

I knew it was too good to be true!

I decided to take advantage of the trade in program with att. The disclosure information clearly states if orders at att.com you would receive the promotion card, but all of a sudden it was applied as bill credits. Not to mentioned my IPhone 11 max was in great shape and so I should have received the full $700, instead I get $300, but according to the att customer service people, it  is now billing credits. My phone was completely paid off, I would have kept my old phone only paying for service instead of upgrading to get not even half of the $700 advertised. Such a scam, but my lesson is learned, as soon as I get this phone and watch paid off at&t service will be disconnected. This is such a scam to get people to upgrade and don’t honor any of the things offered! Horrible business deal! 

ACE - Sage

• 

100.2K Messages

1 دقيقة مضت

I decided to take advantage of the trade in program with att. The disclosure information clearly states if orders at att.com you would receive the promotion card,

No, it does not.

but all of a sudden it was applied as bill credits.

It was always bill credits.  Has been this way without any variation for almost 3 years.

$300 or $350?

If you phone wasn't valued above $95, the lower option is $350, not $300.

(Fyi, if you were sent a message that you, your phone valued at $300 and that credits would start soon, that means you exceeded the $95 minimum value and when bill credits start you will get 136th of $700 each month for 36 months.)

ACE - Sage

• 

100.2K Messages

1 دقيقة مضت

MicCheck

ACE - Expert

• 

12K Messages

1 دقيقة مضت

There is a trade-in program where you can get the regular trade-in value in the form of an AT&T promotion card, but that's a completely different beast. 

https://www.att.com/deals/phone-trade-in/

ACE - Sage

• 

100.2K Messages

1 دقيقة مضت

Right, a one time amount, with a much lower 'book value' for the phone.  

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.