Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
marleneperalta's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Fri, Jan 2, 2015 7:17 PM

I have gone through 4 phones in less than 2 years

I have gone through 4 phones in less than 2 years (NEVER DAMAGE ON MY END). There was never water nor physical damage). It's gotten so frusturating that I cant trust the quality of the phone. I have tried to reach out and show my frusturation to at&t but nobody seems to care. Is this supposed to be considered normal?! I pay about $100-$150 a month for this quality that AT&T supposedly promises? The service seems to be awful as well. 

I was also given an e-mail to talk to a manager who I would hear back from and sent him a long thought out e-mail and havent heard back from him either. I used Twitter and also didnt get a response. 

-The girl with ANOTHER broken phone 

Responses

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

6 y ago

P.S. this is something that ive been dealing with for days. Everytime i have a problem with AT&T they are always re-directing me to someone else...over and over and over again til I end up where i first started. Explaining my story to each and every person, it's draining!! 

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

84.1K Messages

6 y ago

I've had cell phones for 20 years, as near as I can estimate about 6 different phones. Never had any problems.
My family has also had cell phones. 5 adults, must add up to 30 phones, 5 young people we count 12 phones. A total of about 42 in 20 years. None of us has had a cell phone fail or break, unless we caused it.
Plenty of other people get phones from this or other carriers and they don't break, unless they drop, crush or in some other way damage the phone themselves.

I don't know what phones you had, what problems you had with them, how you treated your phones (cased?) , what caused the phone to stop working.

The only common denominator is you.
Please consider how you use and care for your phones and take steps to care for your next phone in a more appropriate manner. Purchase a durable phone. Put a good case on it. Follow all instructions on use and care.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

6 y ago

All of my phones have had covers. I take care of them 100%. Same type of phone which was the Sony Xperia was traded in 3 times with Asurion. This is not normal and I agree with you 100% on this NOT being normal and that is why I am bringing this up. My situation should be exactly like yours, but it was not. 

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

84.1K Messages

6 y ago

Which one? ( Model )
And what problem?

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

6 y ago

The Sony Xperia T LT30 was the one I had to send in over and over. Red blinking light and it would just vibrate and never turn on. 

After AT&T sent me a replacement device because of this I was sent the Note 3. It was the best phone I've ever had and took great care of it (always in its case) and just a few days ago it turned off by itself. As soon as I turned it back on a red line appeared across the screen and started flickering. Now, you can bearly see the screen and the phone itself charges. You can hear the ringtone when I turn it on, but the bottom lights next to the main button are working& the screen is completely black. This is not normal. 

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

84.1K Messages

6 y ago

In your defense, there is a better than average chance all of the replacement phones were used.
Either returns, repairs, floor models, etc.
The Xperia LT30 has a fairly low rating by consumers. Other versions have a better score.
Because they probably sent you a different phone each time, you were getting the same 'lemon'

The Note 3 is a nasty surprise. I have a note 3 and am very happy with it. Yours obviously had a major problem.

Can you document any amount of money this has cost you?
When are you due for an upgrade?

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

6 y ago

I am sure they were refurbished replacements as all were sent in boxes from Asurion with un-official packaging from them. I believe the Note 3 may have been the same case as it was sent as a "replacement" from AT&T (but honestly don't remember about this). This was the first time ever that the Note 3 gave me any problems at all and honestly loved that phone. 

I can document from past e-mails. I am supposed to pay $199 right now for *another* replacement and am seriously dreading to do so. What's the point of insurance if the phones are so bad!? 

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

6 y ago

Supposedly due for an upgrade in March but I highly doubt ill be going back to do a contract with at&t which bugs me because I was so close to the end of the contract. 

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

84.1K Messages

6 y ago

I am equally sure they were used phones. They just package and ship out a previously returned phone, that they have repaired. Problem is, what if the phone was a lemon when the first owner sent it back, or what if they abused it?
Have you shelled out $199 each time? You could have bought a new phone for that!

Gather all of your documentation and build a case for a NEW replacement . It may not work, because the insurance is separate from AT&T and other carriers. You have to go after Asurion. They keep sending you the faulty phones.
I don't know how you can do this, I think better business bureau.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

84.1K Messages

6 y ago

This isn't AT&T fault. Asurion is a major company for cellular and other mobiles. I had my sons phones insured with them when we had Verizon. They send out the used phones.

kdfederer

ACE - Expert

• 

12.3K Messages

6 y ago

Also, AT&T doesn't make the phones, they only supply the wireless service. Do your research about phones and their quality. I have had 4 phones from AT&T and have never had a problem with any of them. My wife has had as many as me and never had a problem. I believe the problem is with the phone model, not AT&T. 

This is a user to user forum. I am a user, just like almost everyone else on the site.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

6 y ago

I have fought with Asurion and they keep sending me back to AT&T and honestly dont even know where to go anymore. I feel like I have been cornered to a wall. At&T blames Asurion and vice versa. Thank You so much for your comments and I will be doing this. I appreciate it! 

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

6 y ago

I had done my research and was actually recommended the SONY through an in-store associate. The other phone was recomended and also chosen by me after I had done some research. Does anybody know where AT&T "replacement" phones are manufactured? I will try and go after them. 

Thank You! 

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

84.1K Messages

6 y ago

It isn't the manufacturer, it's the former user you have to worry about.
I suggest asking around to find a used AT&T phone from a friend or family
member until this gets sorted.

Get started...

Ask a new question