Need help understanding your bill?
SambathChou's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, January 29th, 2017 9:34 PM

I can't login into my AT&T account

I need to login to pay my bill, now it's all accumulated over time. My account is under my phone number, but I don't remember my password. And when I do "forgot password" it would say the user id is incorrect and then I would get an email. Please help.

Teacher

• 

27 Messages

6 years ago

Yesterday I had a chat with AT&T agent. It did not go well. I told him not to do anything with my account and I would sign on and get another agent that could do what I wanted. I didn't actually log out but got another agent and got most of the business done. I signed off and planned to sign on to make sure the changes were done. However, when I go to login page, I get nothing but a blank screen. Even when I went to AT&T home page and selected sign on from there, blank page. Not sure if the first agent did something to my IP address. I can sign on from iPad but not from computer. Very inconvenient. What do I do?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Last month My daughters removed her phone from my account, due to her recently getting married and opened an account with her husband.  However her number has always been my log in username. Now I can't get logged in to view or pay my bill.  What do I need to do to access my account???

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

II have left the US and now I need to cancel my autopay, in my Chase account, not credicard. No one could help me so far in the chat. I can't access the account from abroad, one of the attendants said. Apparently there's no way to solve this through e mails. What is worse, I had clicked "forgot my password" but I don't have the chip anymore, so if some temporary password has been sent to my phone I will never receive it. They could send it by e mail!!!! I regret having accepted this autopay , to save 5 dollars I will lose 35.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

It is now March 2019 and ATT Customer Support is still lying about the situation.

After many calls and chats, I have been advised that all users attempting to login from outside the united states will be blocked with the messages others have shown.

I was told ATT did this deliberately to enhance security. I was not told why they would not routinely share this information with customers.

I was also told that if I use a VPN, I can log it from outside the USA.  I tried that and it worked.

I do not understand how allowing users to login via a VPN, thus deliberately hiding their true location and identity would enhance security.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

The suggested solution is misinformation.  Since ATT is still supplying this false information routinely via Chat and Phone support, including international support contacts, I assume the misinformation is deliberate.

I was eventually told by a supervisor at ATT that all users outside the US will be unable to access their accounts and will receive the messages reported elsewhere, regardless of whether they use a computer or the mobile app.  Only the message details vary.

I was told this was done to enhance security.

I was also advised to use a VPN when outside of the country.  I tried that and it worked.

I do not know why ATT believes that allowing access via a VPN, where my true identity and location are disguised, would enhance security.  By contrast, Bank Of America allows foreign access as long as a VPN is NOT USED and blocks access if a VPN is used.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

I cannot login from a foreign country without using a VPN.

I can login from a foreign country when using a VPN showing a USA location.

How can you say the solution has nothing to do with a VPN?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

I don't know if ATT formally recommends using a VPN.  It is what I was told by an ATT supervison at the chat support site.

Kriszellyne - Supervisor : I can help you check your options here

Me : 10 minutes

Kriszellyne - Supervisor : I can see here that for all customers logging in outside of US, you will encounter error since AT&T has set a limit that customers can only access it within the US. I would highly recommend that you can just make a payment through chat

Kriszellyne - Supervisor : No worries, you can also download VPN on your phone

Kriszellyne - Supervisor : This is an app that you can download through App store or Google play

Kriszellyne - Supervisor : That way, this will remove the restriction

Kriszellyne - Supervisor : You may also want to try that our

Kriszellyne - Supervisor : out*

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I have some lost my password to my account online for my pre paid at&t and have tried everything.. just will not let me recover it and I do not have time to set on the phone. Please help

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I am totally astonished by a corporation the size of ATT at being inept at solving their problem of customers signing into their accounts , I have spent a full afternoon of talking to reps. to no avail I provided them with my account number , phone number , banking statements from my auto deduction payments and still they could find my account , I am totally discussed with ATT .

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I spent an entire afternoon trying to sign into my account even after I provided them with my account number ,.phone number recent calls I had made on my phone all to no avail I still was unable to access my account I am totally discussed .

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.