• 

1 Message

Mon, Apr 6, 2020 11:39 PM

I can't get ATT to provide me service - outrageously bad customer service

I placed an order for a new account for data services for a mobile hotspot. It got hung up somehow. I called back, and after waiting for an hour, was advised that I should just cancel the order and place a new one. I did so.

After waiting a while, I checked, and it said there was a problem. I called and waited an hour and 36 minutes to speak to a customer service rep, who told me that her identity check system was down and that I needed to go online and provide 2 documents of evidence that I am who I say I am. I did so.

After checking on my order status, I was told that I we had hit "a snag" again and that I needed to call back. I called and waited an hour and 45 minutes to speak to a customer rep. She had to ask me some credit verification questions to confirm that I am who I say I am (after I had already provided them ID and invoices via the web, mind you). I complied. She assured me that she was pushing my order through.

I checked today. We seem to have hit another "snag". I am beyond (Edited per community guidelines). I will now need to wait on hold for another couple hours to speak to another representative.

Why can't ATT have a system that calls you back if the wait times are interminable? Why can't we resolve these sorts of issues online? Why am I being put through all this nonsense for the privilege of purchasing overpriced services?

Should I cancel my order and go to a service provider who wants my business?

Responses

• 

8 Messages

2 months ago

I am experiencing the same exact issue right now. I was on hold for 2 hours before finally giving up. I will not be proceeding with AT&T and would advise everyone to stay as far as way as possible if this is how hard they make it to do business with them.

• 

19 Messages

2 months ago

AT&T like many others during a crisis won’t help their customers. You can’t tell me that a company this large can’t have employees working from home to help serve their customers? I tried and I gave up. I was told several different lies and given the run around and spent days and several hours just to try to talk and get my issues resolved. I did find a great company by the name of Visible. With in seconds I got to talk to someone. I placed an order yesterday online and the phone is coming today by FedEx. They are cheaper and on Verizon towers. They do have those expensive phones we love and a company by the name affirm can help approve you and you can make small payments until it’s paid off and it’s not locked to no (Edited per community guidelines) company. 50 a month for unlimited everything and 20 a month from affirm for my new iPhone. No hidden fees or interest. You can actually reach them via chat within seconds. Try Visible. AT&T is a lost cause. Also Boost (Edited per community guidelines). Try to port a number and they don’t make it easy for you to get the account number so I had several hours and days with them. Time of a crisis that we are all in, I’m recommending Visible. They actually have real people Johnny on the spot and it’s so awesome and a breath of fresh air. It really should not be hard to establish a phone service. It shouldn’t cost a lot either or even it shouldn’t cost a large down payment either. Visible and with affirm helping me getting that fancy phone at a great low price and low payments. Bye AT&T.

(edited)

• 

19 Messages

2 months ago

cancel it. They did the same thing to me