Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

• 

1 Message

Wed, Jan 22, 2020 6:13 AM

I am on my family plan but out of the country for a long time

If I cancel my part of the plan, will I still be able to keep my phone number? How does this work?

Responses

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

34.4K Messages

4 weeks ago

If you cancel your line, you lose your number.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

70.1K Messages

4 weeks ago

Port your number to google voice. You can port it back when you return, and even use GV as a way to connect. (it has voicemail)

🐾 (The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.