Military Appreciation: Exclusive savings for military, veterans, and their families!
Help for account, billing & more
McDonald74's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Thu, Apr 25, 2019 3:54 PM

How To Write A Review?

So I have been an AT&T customer for 10 years. I would like to point out that this is the only review I have ever written in my entire life, and AT&T has pushed me to the point where I have to write one. After much discussion my wife and I have decided to switch wireless providers, I have to admit I was quite reluctant. I called AT&T today to speak with someone about receiving a Retail Installment Receipt. After speaking with an automated "thing" that pretends to type for dramatic effects cant help me I was transferred to a customer service "professional". After speaking with a lady for roughly 15 minutes she was unable to help and I politely asked to speak with her manager who can better asset me. Once she found her manager (that only took about 10 more minutes) he was also unable to help and transferred me over to another department. Once again I was on a brief hold for about 10 minutes before a spoke with someone. Now this is third human that I have spoke with in the last 35 minutes and I am not as unhappy as one might think, a little frustrated yes but still level headed. 30 seconds on the line with this gentleman and he told me that everything that I am asking about is at my disposal online... He then asked my the reason that why I needed that information, as I stated before I am on the fence about leaving AT&T and this gentleman pushed me to the 100% not wanting to be apart of this company anymore! I explained to him that I just need to cut back some costs and I found a plan for a different provider with a better monthly payment, Instead of him trying to make things better and convince me to stay or talk about ways to cut cost for me he explained that what I was going after wasn't realistic and cutting this new company down so much. That was the tipping point for me, 45 minutes on the phone going nowhere, a gentleman basically telling you that you are dumb for choosing a different company, and finally not making you feel like a devoted customer. BYE AT&T  

MicCheck

ACE - Expert

• 

11.4K Messages

3年前

@McDonald74 wrote:

So I have been an AT&T customer for 10 years. I would like to point out that this is the only review I have ever written in my entire life, and AT&T has pushed me to the point where I have to write one. After much discussion my wife and I have decided to switch wireless providers, I have to admit I was quite reluctant. I called AT&T today to speak with someone about receiving a Retail Installment Receipt. After speaking with an automated "thing" that pretends to type for dramatic effects cant help me I was transferred to a customer service "professional". After speaking with a lady for roughly 15 minutes she was unable to help and I politely asked to speak with her manager who can better asset me. Once she found her manager (that only took about 10 more minutes) he was also unable to help and transferred me over to another department. Once again I was on a brief hold for about 10 minutes before a spoke with someone. Now this is third human that I have spoke with in the last 35 minutes and I am not as unhappy as one might think, a little frustrated yes but still level headed. 30 seconds on the line with this gentleman and he told me that everything that I am asking about is at my disposal online... He then asked my the reason that why I needed that information, as I stated before I am on the fence about leaving AT&T and this gentleman pushed me to the 100% not wanting to be apart of this company anymore! I explained to him that I just need to cut back some costs and I found a plan for a different provider with a better monthly payment, Instead of him trying to make things better and convince me to stay or talk about ways to cut cost for me he explained that what I was going after wasn't realistic and cutting this new company down so much. That was the tipping point for me, 45 minutes on the phone going nowhere, a gentleman basically telling you that you are dumb for choosing a different company, and finally not making you feel like a devoted customer. BYE AT&T  

What the heck is a "Retail Installment Receipt?" 

QuarryRye

Master

• 

3.2K Messages

3年前

So long

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

3年前

It’s basically a receipt for what you paid for your phone. That was the terminology that the new company mentioned that I needed.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3年前

Stop

Tutor

• 

1 Message

3年前

I've been a customer of ATT for about 18 years and I must say the last 5 years this company has gotten quite shady. Customer Service oriented companies should remember who thieir friends are.THEY ARE OBVIOUSLY  to big and important of a company to actually care about a customer.I haven't been able to resolve any thing with these people in weeks. Maybe the BBB would like to hear .

MicCheck

ACE - Expert

• 

11.4K Messages

3年前

@Wlw777 wrote:

I've been a customer of ATT for about 18 years and I must say the last 5 years this company has gotten quite shady. Customer Service oriented companies should remember who thieir friends are.THEY ARE OBVIOUSLY  to big and important of a company to actually care about a customer.I haven't been able to resolve any thing with these people in weeks. Maybe the BBB would like to hear .

The BBB doesn't care; that's not their business model. You can file a complaint with the BBB and they will likely send it to the Office of the President, but if you don't have a specific issue you need corrected, there's probably not much they will do either. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3年前

AT&T is a communication RIP-Off!!!! Never buy, contract or believe anything that their sales, tech support or customer reps say, see on TV, read online or ADVERTISE they are Corporate Thieves & Liars!! They LIE about products &, services they can provide!!!
I had them years before & got robbed. I believed they had  changed but nothing has CHANGED!....SHYSTERS!!  BEWARE &  RESEARCH & DON'T STOP Att. They will get you stuck in some kinda ridiculous contract/equipment installment plan. They will give you all their services, phone, internet or cable everything you want whether it works for you or not. Don't Get Caught in the AT&T money scam!!!  Look for another provider for cell, cable & internet.

They want me to pay for a Hotspot device that doesn't work in my location. Although I was promised & guaranteed that it would work. Even after being on the phone with the tech support at least 2-3 hours a day,  twice a week for 3 weeks...of course the promise went pass the 14 day return policy but before the 30 day guarantee.
Rip off!😠😠😠😠😠😠

Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

15.8K Messages

3年前

@AREAOFF wrote:

They want me to pay for a Hotspot device that doesn't work in my location. Although I was promised & guaranteed that it would work. Even after being on the phone with the tech support at least 2-3 hours a day,  twice a week for 3 weeks...of course the promise went pass the 14 day return policy but before the 30 day guarantee.

1. I'm sorry, but you have to factor in some common sense: No one can guarantee how the reception is where you need it. You need to try it and return it if it doesn't work. I have no idea what you thought tech support was going to do for you. 
  2. If it didn't work, you should have returned it (during the 14 days). After 2-3 twice a week for the first two weeks, I'm not sure how this didn't happen.
  3. I don't know what the 30-day guarantee is for wireless/cellular?  I'm not seeing anything when I search for this.

@AREAOFF wrote:

AT&T is a communication RIP-Off!!!! Never buy, contract or believe anything that their sales, tech support or customer reps say, see on TV, read online or ADVERTISE they are Corporate Thieves & Liars!! They LIE about products &, services they can provide!!!
I had them years before & got robbed. I believed they had  changed but nothing has CHANGED!....SHYSTERS!!  BEWARE &  RESEARCH & DON'T STOP Att.

Zoinks, this all sounds pretty insane when it all seems to revolve around you not returning your device in the 14-days.

That said, I get reception where I expect to get it. I've never been stuck in some payment plan or contract that I wasn't aware of.  I have had unscrupulous salespeople offer me products (like tablets) for "free" but it's pretty obvious the catch is a commitment to service.

They will get you stuck in some kinda ridiculous contract/equipment installment plan.

This is a choice, you could have just paid outright for the hardware and there is no commitment/contract/installment.

You're not STUCK, just pay off the device and you're done and cancel the service (like you should have done the first two weeks).

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3年前

I had Direct TV for years. It was the best in every way. You could not have given me free service with any competitor to replace the original Direct TV service I was so happy with. Then AT&T took it over and they began their criminal billing practices early on. I tried to work through the billing charges with them thinking it was just a mistake. It became clear that they were crooks and have training sessions for the billing department on how to screw the general public out of every penny possible. They expect you to pay monthly insurance in case you have problems with the equipment they rent to you (extortion) then when you don't pay that fee and a box does not work they charge you $100 to come replace it. They said the fee was waived since it was a problem I had going on for six months. Then they hit me with a late charge and the $100 service charge anyway. This last episode with them was me cancelling my service to go to Spectrum. I cancelled for a disconnect on 7-3-19. I got my final bill and they charged me through 7-24-19. I was told they do expect you to pay for something they did not supply for 18 days. Again - crooks, thieves and liars. Do yourself a favor - don't even get involved with anything that belongs to AT&T unless you like being taken advantage of and throwing your money away.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3年前

I had Direct TV for years. It was the best in every way. You could not have given me free service with any competitor to replace the original Direct TV service I was so happy with. Then AT&T took it over and they began their criminal billing practices early on. I tried to work through the billing charges with them thinking it was just a mistake. It became clear that they were crooks and have training sessions for the billing department on how to screw the general public out of every penny possible. They expect you to pay monthly insurance in case you have problems with the equipment they rent to you (extortion) then when you don't pay that fee and a box does not work they charge you $100 to come replace it. They said the fee was waived since it was a problem I had going on for six months. Then they hit me with a late charge and the $100 service charge anyway. This last episode with them was me cancelling my service to go to Spectrum. I cancelled for a disconnect on 7-3-19. I got my final bill and they charged me through 7-24-19. I was told they do expect you to pay for something they did not supply for 18 days. Again - crooks, thieves and liars. Do yourself a favor - don't even get involved with anything that belongs to AT&T unless you like being taken advantage of and throwing your money away.

Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

15.8K Messages

3年前

@ATandTiscrooked wrote:

Do yourself a favor - don't even get involved with anything that belongs to AT&T unless you like being taken advantage of and throwing your money away.

Love my AT&T cellular service. I've had none of your TV issues, but you're talking in the wireless (cellular) forums, so they're not really relevant in my circumstances.

This last episode with them was me cancelling my service to go to Spectrum. I cancelled for a disconnect on 7-3-19. I got my final bill and they charged me through 7-24-19.

You have service monthly and you canceled in the middle of your cycle. Why would you expect them to not charge you for the month's rental? If I move out of an apartment 18 days early, I'm still paying for the rest of the month...

Again, this is the cellular forum and all the big carriers have been doing this for years, so not a surprise here. 

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

3年前

Dealing with AT&T billing is abusive and  harassing  I have NEVER been treated this bad by any other company AT&T needs to stop treating people like this 

Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

15.8K Messages

3年前

@Wonder3 wrote:

Dealing with AT&T billing is abusive and  harassing  I have NEVER been treated this bad by any other company AT&T needs to stop treating people like this 

Billing is easy: I set up autopay, they bill me, give me autopay/paperless discount, they withdraw the money that I owe them.  I'm not sure what the problem is...?

QuarryRye

Master

• 

3.2K Messages

3年前

@Gary L wrote:

@Wonder3 wrote:

Billing is easy: I set up autopay, they bill me, give me autopay/paperless discount, they withdraw the money that I owe them.  I'm not sure what the problem is...?

Whenever someone complains about "billing" it's almost always an issue of not getting credits. "Abusive and harassing" means trying to collect on money that AT&T feels it's owed. OP is being deliberately vague.

Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

15.8K Messages

3年前

@QuarryRye wrote:
Whenever someone complains about "billing" it's almost always an issue of not getting credits. "Abusive and harassing" means trying to collect on money that AT&T feels it's owed. OP is being deliberately vague.

Yeah, I got that  😉

The point was to get THEM to respond with something more specific to their problem...

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.