Need help understanding your bill?
abridgedversion's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, September 12th, 2019 1:44 AM

How to transfer my DataConnect Pass tablet plan to a new tablet? (My old one died)

Tried to "edit device" in my online account and enter the new IMEI and ICC ID, but it said I needed to "Add a device" instead (I think because the new tablet is LTE and the old one was 3G only).

I have successfully added the new device, but how do I transfer the DataConnect pass plan from the old device to the new one?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Can anyone help with this? I tried calling customer support on 800-901-9878, but the automated phone system won't even let me talk to a human because it doesn't recognize the subscriber number for the device listed in my AT&T account. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I eventually got this resolved by calling AT&T postpaid instead of prepaid support.

For the benefit of anyone else in this situation, the eventual solution was to add a new DataConnect pass plan for the new tablet, just as if buying one for the first time, and then the agent cancelled the old one and issued a refund for the unused days on the old DataConnect pass.

There doesn't seem to be any way for them to transfer a DataConnect pass to a new SIM card. At least, neither the customer service agent or the advanced tech support agent I talked with knew a way to do that.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.