276doula's profile

• 

1 Message

Fri, Jun 24, 2022 6:08 AM

How to file complaint against ATT employees allowing fraud and intentionally misleading customers?

My girlfriend and I both have phones on my ATT account. She is not on the account in any form, not an authorized user. Recently she got roped in by 2 ATT salesman who convinced her to add a new line and a new Iphone 13 when I was not present. She explained that she was not on the account and they told her that did not matter and opened the line anyway. They also told her that her employer had a 25% discount and while that is true since the account is not in her name we cannot use that. They lied about multiple other things but they committed fraud and now I am stuck in this contract. How do we file complaints against these employees and remedy this?
sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

57.8K Messages

2日前

File an FCC or BBB complaint. The complaint will result in someone from corporate contacting you. Just FYI, since you didn’t say where this happened, those salesmen may not be ATT employees.

(edited)

MicCheck

ACE - Expert

• 

11.5K Messages

2日前

It doesn't sound like they committed fraud, but just sold something to someone not on the account. Your girlfriend still agreed to it, but that's neither here nor there. 

You're not in a contract. You have 14 days from the date of purchase to return the phone and get out of an installment agreement. The responses to FCC and BBB complaints are usually very prompt, but if you're getting close to that time frame, you might want to go ahead and do that to prevent the situation from getting worse. 

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.