For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
RConyers's profile

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

Friday, May 26th, 2017 1:13 AM

Closed

How to file a complaint about ATT store

I went into the ATT store in Miami- I wanted to buy an iPhone 7. THEY WOULD NOT SELL IT TO ME!

I did not want to finance it- I wanted to buy it outright at the price marked on the tag. I was told by a salesperson "we do not sell phones that we do not finance" 

So - since the price was written on the tag $X.xx/month OR $XXX.xx full price- since it is advertised- I am going to file a formal complaint with the Florida Dept of Agriculture and Consumer Services. I think the manager of the store should be aware that the employees are about to get his store sued.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

That was a authorized retailer and they can make there own policies. And it's there right to refuse to sell it if they want to.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@RConyers They can refuse the right to refuse any customer I'd think.

P.S. Get it from Apple instead.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

7 years ago

You see- they did not refuse to sell me the phone- they refused to sell it for the price marked on their display. [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].You cannot advertise in store a product for a price and then refuse to sell it at that price. They would have gladly financed the phone- they were not "refusing me service"- they were refusing to honor their listed and displayed price and terms.

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

Full price on Apple phones is the same no matter where you go.

32GB iPhone 7 is $649 MSRP.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

Unless the seller is discriminating in some way (race, religion, gender etc) then they don't have to sell to you.  Every retailer has the right to turn away business.  The retail price is the same, no matter how you pay for it.  

Go spend your money where it's appreciated.  

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

7 years ago

[Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate]. I swear ATT has the absolute worst customer service.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

It's not att so it don't matter. It's a authorized reseller if you would have went to a Corp store they would have sold it to you. Ponder this verizon won't sell a phone to a non customer.

Just a FYI they will argue next is paying full price that is why the full price is on there.

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

7 years ago

That's true.  I tried to buy a pixel when it came out and was backordered.  Verizon would not sell to me, even the corporate stores said no.   Had I had an account with them, they would have.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

7 years ago

You are wrong- it is ATT. It is the corporate store- listed on ATT as a corporate store. The store I was in is not an authorized re-seller. I went across the street and bought it from an authorized re-seller. Don't defend ATT's  poor customer service and bait and switch tactics. 

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

7 years ago

That is true- however they must honor their published and advertised prices and terms. My complaint is NOT that they refused me service- it is they are not honoring the price and terms marked on the display at the store.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.