Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

• 

1 Message

Sun, Feb 16, 2020 5:23 AM

How to come off a line when still paying for a phone

I took out a iPhone 8plus on my dads phone line and I had to move because of family issues I am in Atlanta and he is in Massachusetts and I have to be sending money to my sister to give to my dad to pay the internet bill and the phone and whenever she is in Jamaica I can’t send it to her and I can’t send it to him because he is not well with technology and it’s really frustrating how do I come off his line even thou I am still paying for the phone and he has cut the net off my phone so I am currently have to be using WiFi if I want the net...please I need help

Responses

davemize

ACE - Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

2 months ago

Moved to Wireless Accounts....

*** Let's Think >Inside< The Box - See The Orange Box At The Top? ***

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

35.9K Messages

2 months ago

There isn’t much you can do, the account owner “owns” the line and phone. You can either port your number to a different carrier or move your number to your own ATT account and plan but either option requires the account owner release your number. Is your dad willing to let your number leave? To transfer to your own account, you can request a transfer of billing responsibility at: https://www.att.com/tobr/. To port your number to another carrier, you need the account number and pin. Either option requires the account owner either taking action or providing you the account information. Be aware that if you port your number, the remaining amount owed on the phone will be due. You also can’t get your phone unlocked until it is paid off.

(edited)

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

72.1K Messages

2 months ago

So you can't figure out how to send your dad money so we cut off your service?
You do know you can mail a check, right?

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

“Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part” 🆘 Dont expect normal any time soon.

AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…