Need help understanding your bill?
J

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, September 8th, 2021 12:41 AM

How to cancel from outside U.S.

I am currently overseas, but unfortunately I cannot visit the U.S. because Covid-19 does not allow free international travel.
I would like to cancel AT&T Wireless while I am outside the U.S., but the 800 number will not connect from outside the U.S.
Does anyone know how I can cancel AT&T online from outside the U.S.?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

2 years ago

You can’t cancel online, you need to call the international support number.

Support for travel abroad
Available 24/7
FREE from mobile phone

(edited)

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Thank you.
So you meant, "support for travel abroad" number?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

2 years ago

Yes. “International support” and “support for travel abroad” mean the same to me.

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

thank you! I will try it then update.

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I'm in Vietnam and Viettel isn't letting me call international numbers. Why can't I just cancel my unused wireless plan online? I have no way to contact AT&T via phone. How do I cancel?

I'm about 2 minutes from e-mailing my congressman and senators about this. I was able to sign up for my AT&T plan online, so I should be able to cancel it online, that's the law.

ACE - Sage

• 

115.9K Messages

2 years ago

@ATandTisScummy

I'm in Vietnam and Viettel (who?  Huh?) isn't letting me call international numbers.

You haven't provided any information. Are you on prepaid or postpaid? Prepaid has no service in any part of Asia. If you have postpaid adding International day pass would be advised otherwise calling outside of the United States can be up to $3 per minute. Data use outside of the United States is $2.05 per megabyte. Are you perhaps on a postpaid plan, traveled outside the United States without adding a travel plan, and AT&T has now suspended your service due to an astronomical bill for data usage?  (You might want to check you email) 

Why can't I just cancel my unused wireless plan online?

There are only two ways to cancel postpaid service for every cell provider. One is to Port your phone number to a different service provider. The only other option is to call. 

Prepaid service can be canceled two ways:  by not paying for refills anymore, or by porting your phone number to a different service provider. 

I have no way to contact AT&T via phone. How do I cancel?

Which service? ⤴️

I'm about 2 minutes from e-mailing my congressman and senators about this. I was able to sign up for my AT&T plan online, so I should be able to cancel it online, that's the law.

What law is that?  There is no such law that says that you can cancel your cellular service online 🙄

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.