Uniquely for you. Preorder the new Google Pixel 6.
MelisssaR's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wed, Mar 7, 2018 9:34 PM

How do you cancel if your AT&T phone breaks up too bad to even talk to anyone and no chat support?

HORRIBLE! I would have cut it off weeks ago if there was a way to be in contact. Wireless hotspot drops every call, no one can hear anything. 

MicCheck

ACE - Expert

• 

10.3K Messages

4 y ago

Have you tried calling from a location where you get better service?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

4 y ago

I can’t stand out in the cold for an hour on hold.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

89.3K Messages

4 y ago

@MelisssaR  I’m guessing you were a new customer.   Why didn’t you go immediately back to ATT and cancel service?   You had 14 days to get out of your installment agreement and go back to your old carrier.  

You get into an agreement that will cost you thousands but didn’t look at the return policy?   

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

4 y ago

I was out of town on business in September when I first got this mess and have spent multiple phone calls that have lasted over an hour each to no avail. I don’t have all day to deal with incompetence.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

89.3K Messages

4 y ago

@MelisssaR  So You changed carriers without knowing if it was going to work for you; no provision made if it didn’t; you have not even asked for help from ATT, and waited to long to return phone.

I find it hard to believe there is nowhere that service isn’t good enough to call ATT or use chat.

Have you turned on Wifi calling?  All current iPhone, Samsung and LG have Wifi calling.  You wouldn’t have to stand in the cold if you used Wifi calling with Home Wifi.   It is not on by default. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

4 y ago

I'm here asking for help and your suggestion is that I'm a liar?!? As I have already stated, I am out of town for months at a time for my work, and the many times I have contacted AT&T, those calls have lasted over an hour, every single one of them. Why do you keep answering my question if you are less than helpful? Can you simply go kick someone else who is down? 

MicCheck

ACE - Expert

• 

10.3K Messages

4 y ago

If you aren’t able to use your phone at home or in any of the places you travel indicated your issue is likely the device and not the carrier. 

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

89.3K Messages

4 y ago

I didn’t call you a liar.  I did imply you were unprepared for a carrier switch and not proactive in resolving your problem.   As for being out of town, there are ATT stores all over the USA.  Unless you are out of the country, any one of them can help you.  Which is exactly the recommendation you’ll get here.  If the phone is faulty you need warranty replacement.  If it’s the SIM card, you need an ATT store.  If it’s the carrier, you could have made a return at any ATT store and gone back to your former carrier.  

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.