Need help understanding your bill?
tomzglassman's profile

2 Messages

Wednesday, November 15th, 2023 1:19 AM

How do I share the abhorrent Customer Service I received??

I wanted to share an experience I had with the initial Customer service rep who signed me up last week.

I had enough of the gouging I was getting from Verizon. I was with them for 20 years.

I saw “ads” claiming that AT&T would not only give clients new phones but would pay off devices and have lower monthly costs.

I called the AT&T number listed online.

A woman answered saying she was there to help me get my lines transferred.

It was EXTREMELY difficult to understand this lady, guessing she was from India.

She got snappy when I asked her repeatedly to repeat what she was saying.

When I asked about AT&T paying off devices, she said I must pay off everything before we proceeded. She was insistent. So, I paid them off on the spot.

I inquired about the trade-in values of both phones. She took the complete info down which took nearly 20 minutes to complete.

She was terse and didn’t make me feel comfortable.

After nearly an hour of being on the phone with her, she transferred me to a lady who was required to make the change.

She was very pleasant and easy to understand.

I mentioned how hard it was to understand the person who was helping me, the lady from India must have heard me say it.

She must not have liked my honest comment because there were issues to deal with a few days later.

We received our phone quickly and was able to set them up.

Fast forward. I haven’t been able to log into my online AT&T account so I need to call Customer service once again. Once again, got a man who was extremely difficult to understand. He was nice but very hard to follow him. I mentioned during the call to please transfer me to the technical department as he was not a troubleshooter. He refused and ran me through a bunch of steps I had already done to try to get into my account. He made me clear my Cashe which removed all bookmarks for all my emails which is a PAIN to reset.

Nothing helped, he could not get in either.

He finally said he was creating a Ticket Reference which would take 3-5 days to have someone call me.

I inquired about why there were no return shipping boxes for the 2 phones we were trading in. He said it was NEVER put on the work order.

I was fuming at that point. The man suggested taking it to an AT&T location and having them ship it. I just spent another hour on the phone.             

Now, I will have to drive nearly an hour away from my home to do this.

This whole experience has soured my taste in AT&T.

Hopefully, my Veteran’s discount will be approved ASAP and my monthly bill will come down substantially.

Opinions are cheap, as well as a person’s account about what happened… my advice is to listen to the recorded call of our conversation to get an unbiased listen.

Feel free to call me regarding my experience, having run a call center, I can tell you what quality customer service means.

You have my number on file

Accepted Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

116K Messages

4 months ago

I saw “ads” claiming that AT&T would not only give clients new phones but would pay off devices and have lower monthly costs.

?  Um, no...

AT&T will allow you to trade in an old device toward bill credits on a new device but there is no offer to pay off your previous service provider for installments or early termination fees.

Just to make it clear AT&T has not advertised anything like this in 4 years. The payoff deals were ended back in 2019 and replaced with the trade-in offer. I don't know where you saw this ad, but it was not for AT&T

The man suggested taking it to an AT&T location and having them ship it. I just spent another hour on the phone.             

Now, I will have to drive nearly an hour away from my home to do this.

And we 110% recommend this is the only way to trade in your phones. You should never mail your phones because then AT&T never sees them and you don't get a receipt directly from AT&T for your trade-in.

Trade in go to a completely third party business called Assurant Mobile which takes all trade-ins from service providers and manufacturers in the United States. You would have no receipt and no proof of trade-in other than a counter receipt from the post office.  It may be an hour each way, but at least you'll get your credits. Make sure you have a receipt from the store which shows the make model and storage capacity of your device correctly

Hopefully, my Veteran’s discount will be approved ASAP and my monthly bill will come down substantially.

Bring your veterans information, proof with you when you go to the corporate store, they can apply your discount there. The discount is retroactive to the day you provide proof even if it doesn't kick in this month.

The auto pay and paperless billing discount with debit or checking account will be applied the first time your bill is auto paid with paperless billing with debit and checking.

Bill credits on your phones may take 3 months. You will be glad you did your trade in at a physical store because you have that receipt in hand. Stick it on your fridge and don't lose it!

(edited)

2 Messages

4 months ago

HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE

ACE - Master

• 

10K Messages

4 months ago

Please edit your post to remove your name as personal information is not allowed to be posted on the forums.  At best, AT&T forum CS may offer to meet in a DM, but no one is going to call you.  They aren’t going to start rummaging through all of the accounts looking for the name you provided and start calling people.

Former Employee

• 

2.5K Messages

4 months ago

Calls are recorded at random for quality and training purposes only. 

ACE - Expert

• 

14K Messages

4 months ago

That sounds frustrating, but not as bad as you're making it out to be. 

Trading in phones at an AT&T store is the best way, since you can get a receipt and be assured your part is over. 

Otherwise, trade in kits usually come about 2 weeks after the order is complete.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.