Pre-order the New Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4 & Galaxy Z Fold4 and, for a limited time, get twice the storage and a free case!
Help for account, billing & more
A

• 

1 Message

Thu, Sep 23, 2021 1:11 PM

How did my account info get released?

i have been getting personalized text messages from random numbers posing as Walmart or AT&T

i won’t click on the link as this is clearly phishing 

9/21/22

“AT&T Free Msg: Apologies for the coverage issues on September 14, Ash! Here's a symbolic reimbursement: t2smz.info/bIsklUwNqh”

9/18/22

“AT&T Free Msg: August bill is paid. Thanks, ASHWINI! Here's a little freebie for you: n6cfd.info/HHczu2b56g”

9/20

”Walmart: Ash, we are offering a significantly valuable reward if you could help us with this > q1dfn.info/3hQ3LxdyVS Thanks!”

These are all from different numbers

Its creepy how they got my name as well 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

22.8K Messages

1 年前

There are multiple posts from others who are experiencing the same scam texts.  It's not just you.

I've been getting them for weeks if not months.  Where are they getting our cell phone numbers?  Most likely the dark web and they are coming from out of the country.

Report them if it makes you feel better but scammers gonna scam.  Just don't fall for it.

Constructive

Employee

• 

28.6K Messages

1 年前

MicCheck

ACE - Expert

• 

11.7K Messages

1 年前

It's not that hard to get the name associated with a phone number; think about how many times you share both.

If you actually made your payment on 9/18, it might be a little scary, but if not, that is probably just a guess to make it sound more legitimate

Fl_retire

ACE - Professor

• 

2.6K Messages

1 年前

There are means to determine the area code location for example state and general city and what carrier the prefix of a phone number it was initially assigned to. 

Constructive

Employee

• 

28.6K Messages

10 m前

👆👆👆👆👆another scammer posting in the forums 

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.