Our Community Forum will be shutting down on June 27, 2024. Please visit att.com/support for all your support needs.
Need help understanding your bill?
kcew1981's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, August 10th, 2015 4:24 PM

How can I file a Formal Complaint, May switch providers

I am so irritated that I get all of this information about bundling my AT&T account with my DirecTV account and they will charge me for canceling or transferring service from one account to the other. They will not waive or refund fees, which there shouldn't be and they offer no good deals to current customers. This is really disappointing because I have been a customer since probably 12 years. Where do I file this complaint? After 12 years of being a loyal customer with excellent account status and to now have all of this trouble and no help, I am just majorly disappointed and irritated. I am seriously considering canceling my service with AT&T and switching to Verizon. I will be contacting Verizon today to see what they are willing to offer me.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I am not surprised with your experience. I have been with Directv for years and I already knew once the change was going to happen that I was going to have leave Directv. I have already responded to AT&T about the new privacy policy and my displeasure with it and I have yet to hear a response. Your best bet is to file a complaint with the FCC. If you are being forced into paying fees unfairly they usually get it resolved.  I personally will not do ANY business with AT&T.  They can't be trusted and they are slimy company.  They are fined more by the FCC than all other telecom companies yet they still are here making money. Something isn't legit.  good luck!

BTW, the website to go to is fcc.gov.  File a complaint there, I always heard back within 2 weeks time usually with my situation already resolved. I have had to do this with Sprint, AT&T and T-Mobile. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Yeah, I'm usually a very calm, understanding person but this really angers me that I have been an AT&T customer for at least 12 years and DirecTV for at least 10 years and there is no smooth way to combine your accounts or receive benefits/discounts for being a loyal customer with always an excellent account standing. I'm at a point now that I have never been and am seriously considering switching providers for both wireless and tv.

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

9 years ago

Hello, @kcew1981!

Thanks for posting. We have received your private message and look forward to working with you to find an acceptable resolution.

-Mariana

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

I'm 100% with you!!!! Last year spoke with customer service entered an agreement that was Supposed to last 1 year for UVerse TV internet home phone for $136 a mo. Every month I was on the phone for overage charges. Most times they would make the adjustments. But in December of last year their customer rep asked if I was interested in a promo they were offering and I told him I don't make decisions without talking to husband first. He changed my service without my consent, and billing rep told me when we received next bill I used the service and we weren't going to get a credit. They also changed our cellphone service the same way. The last straw is today I was on phone with rep asking why bill is so high and was told the promo I received last July ended in April and been billed extra $50 since. If my agreed promo was for a year, how did it end in April? I've been on phone and I document every call and who it's with, and most are recorded the same way they record my calls. No other cable service I've ever had, does billing like Att. No bill is ever the same every month. That's clear fraud.

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.