Announcements
HBO Max - where HBO meets so much more!

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Feb 18, 2020 11:42 PM

Horrible Customer Service

February 18, 2020

RE: AT&T Corporate Customer Service

I have had the worst experience with customer service over the past four months. If you look up my call log, you will see that I have probably had to call customer service at least 30 times in the past four months. You will see calls where…

• I am calls for hours

• I am on calls after 10:00 PM EST

• I am being transferred from one rep to another rep

• I am being put on hold for extended amount of time without anyone checking on me

And I have experienced…

• No consistency in what each rep tells me. Each rep tells me something different to the same question.

• Mis-leading information from reps.

• Reps saying that they would call back and don’t.

• Reps disconnect call and not calling me back.

• Reps not putting good notes into my file on what was promised or discussed.

At this point it is more about principal than anything else for me. I want to see AT&T be accountable for what their representatives tell us. And if the reps intentionally lied because there is some type of incentive or commission involved for them, then they should be fired for mis-representation.

On November 7, 2020 I spoke to a representative out of Jamaica. The week prior I had spent hours on customer service rep calls and was very frustrated on other issues. At this point, I really wanted to see what I could do to get out of my AT&T contract and move on to a different provider. Which is very dis-concerning to me since I have been with the company since 1997. I started off with Cingular and hung in there through mergers. Please pull the call logs and listen to this conversation. The rep acknowledged how upset I was and promised…

• $10 off each line on my monthly bill. I think this may have happened one month. But, I never complained about this.

• She offered me a $250 rewards card for not leaving AT&T. She stated that I should receive the card in the mail within 30 days. I received a confirmation email on the rewards card that also stated that I should receive my card within 30 days.

• And she said that I was eligible for a promotion to get $500 off of an iPhone 11 if I opened up a new line. I took her up on this offer. And was the only reason why I got the new number and new phone.

o The promotion as the time was get $700 off iPhone 11 if you port in a number from another provider. Or, get $500 off if you get a new phone line.

After not receiving the rewards card in 30 days, I started this horrible experience of calling the customer service. I spent way too many calls and time than any customer should have to. Not only did I spend countless hours on phone calls with multiple reps, I was also asked to take my rewards card confirmation email to an actual store and show it to them and ask them to call customer service as proof that I really had it. I don’t understand why in 2019/2020, you all aren’t able to see what emails were pushed out to me without me having to go into an actual store in the middle of my work day. Or, I don’t understand why there isn’t some type of email box that I could have forwarded the email to as proof. This was a huge inconvenience on top of the countless calls, multiple reps and hours spent.

I finally got to the point of instead of trying to address both the rewards card and the $500 promotion together that I would tackle one at a time. So, I started with the $250 rewards card. So, I finally got to the point that in December a rep supposedly told his manager all of the details of me even going to a store and they finally offered me to do an adjustment of $250 on my account instead of waiting for a rewards card to come in the mail. I agreed to that. I thought I had tackled one issued. NOT! Nothing never happened. And once again I am on multiple calls to rectify this. After multiple broken promises from different reps to handle the adjustment, finally in January a manager helped and would not let me hang up the call until she made sure the adjustment happened. She went above and beyond. As, there were issues when she tried to make the adjustment. In the end, she made it happen.

Now, I started making calls to AT&T on the $500 promotion that I was told that I qualified for on November 7th and by multiple reps after that. Initially, I was told that after a couple of months, I should start seeing an adjustment to my monthly bill each month. That I would not see the entire $500 come out at one time. I was OK with that. It is mid-February and I still have not seen any adjustment pertaining to this.

The last straw for me was when I made a call on Saturday, February 15th to clear up the $500 promotion. Once again, there aren’t good notes in my file and I am having to start from the beginning with the November 7th call. So frustrating. The rep, Richard didn’t listen well. And the reps make you feel that you are trying to deceive them. I specifically told him that I was calling about the promotion. He then comes back to the line after leaving me on hold for like an hour to talk about a rewards card. That is not why I was calling. Then he states that he can see that I was already given $250 adjustment for the promotion. As, I tried to explain to him that the $250 adjustment had nothing to do with the $500 promotion and it was done in place of sending me a $250 rewards card. He then tells me that he will have a manager give me a call in a bit on the issue. Per usual, I was deceived and that call never came.

I am really asking you to please listen to the call with the Jamaican rep on November 7th. I hope that she doesn’t still have a job. And please look at how many times I have had to call customer service over the past four months. I have felt that I have gotten the run around from reps that just didn’t want to do their job and do the proper research on what the issues are. I feel that some reps just told me what they thought that I wanted to hear to get me off of the phone. Many of the reps seem to not get the same training because if you ask the same question to any of them, each of them will give a different answer.

No customer should have to put in the hours of calls that I have had to put in. Especially, not one that has been a customer for over 20 years. This experience has been so horrible that I no longer have confidence in AT&T as my provider. And the sad thing is, since I was lead to believe that I qualified for a promotion to get the new iPhone 11, I am now stuck in a contract and can’t change providers.

As a company, a customer should not suffer because your reps are giving invalid or improper information. There needs to be some changes in…

• Training

• Consistency in how the reps respond to questions

• And AT&T should stand by what the reps offer customers and then deal with the rep afterwards

o If you listen to the November 7th call, you will see that I asked the rep multiple times if I qualified for the promotion. You can also listen to calls prior to November 7th where another rep also said that I qualified.

o If the rep offers to take $10 off each line on the monthly bill, than that adjustment should happen monthly.

o Again, I am attaching a copy of the email confirmation that was sent to me on the $250 rewards card. So, I should not have to go through an act of congress to get what was promised.

o And I would have never purchased the new line and the iPhone 11, had I not been told that I qualified for the $500 off. Now no one wants to honor this.

• It is NOT the customer’s fault that the rep appears to have made false promises. If I were the manager or executive over customer service, I would be mortified over my experience. I am sure that there are others. I have worked in the banking industry for over 20 years. And provide an online experience to our customers. This type of customer service would not be acceptable where I come from.

The unfortunate thing is, there were a couple of reps that were very helpful. But, this number is very small in comparison to what I had to go through over the past four months.

Kendra

Responses

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

75.2K Messages

3 months ago

That's an awful lot of information and I'm not going to finish reading it. This is a customer populated forum it is a toss of the coin whether anyone from AT&T will ever read this or see your post

If you want individual help from somebody in AT&T who has their head glued on straight, file a Better Business Bureau complaint and somebody from upper management will contact you

(edited)

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

@lizdance40 believe me, i have done that already.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

75.2K Messages

You mentioned you work in banking. I'm pretty sure if a bank manager offers somebody a 2% mortgage when the prime is set at 3, they are not going to get that 2% mortgage

Not a perfect analogy, but my point is that AT&T has written promotions trump whatever a rep may have told you.

Upper management is the only way to get any results. Store reps and regular customer service are not going to be able to unravel.
By the way, not all conversations are recorded, as the recording says your conversation MAY be recorded for training purposes. Even if they did record it oh, it is not there to bolster your claim, those tapes are used internally only. It may be used to discipline or retrain oh, but that's not going to help you.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
mobilemax

Employee

• 

796 Messages

3 months ago

Hello,

This is a customer forum. To get help, you can of course call, but might get your concerns better addressed by visiting your local corporate AT&T store to avoid the long waits and new representatives during each call. A store has a local staff to assist. If that is not an option, try logging in at att.com or on the MyAtt app to chat with customer service. No waiting on a phone hold and you can usually get the same assistance.

The promotion appears the same, trade in a phone with a new line for $500 in monthly credits on att.com/deals. If there was no trade in, that narrows down issue. If you did trade in a phone, then check direct with rewards: “Reward Center to check the status on your refund? They can be reached directly at 800. 288. 9983 or https://rewardcenter.att.com/home”

(edited)

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

75.2K Messages

Store reps cannot fix billing 🤦‍♀️

mobilemax

Employee

• 

796 Messages

@lizdance40 didn’t say fix, but explain clearly since it sounds like a lot of the promotion and offers weren’t fully disclosed, which would make sense why none are being honored (failed to qualify).

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.